Senior Data Integration Engineer
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2024
Best Places to Work by Built In 2024
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
This position will be part of the Business Systems team. The goal of the Business Systems team is to create and deliver on meaningful, large scale technology programs that increase the ROI of Samsara’s systems and technology and improve the overall value and performance of the organization. We make systems/processes more efficient, reduce manual, low-value work, and enable the company to run better, make better decisions, and ultimately be more profitable.
The Sr. Business Systems Engineer on the Integrations team will be responsible for developing, deploying and supporting Mulesoft Integrations to enable the business. The individual will be expected to build APIs to enable a micro-services architecture. .
- Bachelor Degree in a related field
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Data Integration
- Required hands-on experience and knowledge of implementing API using REST/web services
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks
- Integrate key interfaces utilizing the Mulesoft Anypoint Platform
- Experience working with data interchange and data management (i.e. ETL processes, database interaction)
- Advanced Systems/software engineering experience with Complex scripting abilities.
- Various connector technologies including JMS, JDBC etc.
- Experience with software development principles, In-depth knowledge of software configuration practices.
- Strong analysis and design skills with a focus on system design, flow, and performance.
- Understanding of Microservice patterns & concepts & its application in problem solving
- Experience with Continuous Integration and automated testing strategies.
- Adept at mapping customer requirements to a solution approach.
An ideal candidate has:
- Strong Experience using Mulesoft suite of products and Mulesoft API implementation
- Hands-on experience working with JSON, REST, SOAP, OAuth, and Swagger
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Agile experience
- Champion, role model, and embody Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive a competitive total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.