Director, Sales Engineering
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2024
Best Places to Work by Built In 2024
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking an experienced and results-oriented Sales Engineering Director focused on our EMEA business. You should have experience managing and growing a dispersed sales engineering team in a high-performance environment. Our Sales Engineering team is full of problem solvers and tinkerers who are not afraid to get their hands dirty (literally) and play a critical role in demonstrating and communicating the value of Samsara’s platform with our largest customers.
This role is ideally located in London, but candidates located elsewhere may be considered as well (UK, France, Germany, Netherlands).
For a little more about our Sales Engineering team, please see the following video: Sales Engineering at Samsara
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Manage individual and team performance ensuring our partnership with sales, product, support and customer success teams are productive and efficient
- Partner with our EMEA leaders to continually improve engagement and processes with our prospects and customers
- Work with Sales leaders on account planning, strategy and sales call activity
- Manage escalations (product issues, feature requests, etc.) in a pre-sales environment
- Participate in customer / prospect calls as a trusted advisor and Sr. leadership presence
- Improve onboarding and ongoing training for the EMEA Sales Engineering team
- Partner with other Sales Engineering leaders to improve the overall Sales Engineering organization at Samsara
- Travel as needed to include to prospects for onsite meetings as well as participate in internal/external Executive Business reviews
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, or other Engineering related degree
- 8+ years of related experience in a technical management role; 5+ years of sales engineering management experience
- Experience with Software Product sales; Infrastructure, SaaS
- Knowledge in one or more of these areas of expertise: IoT, Networking / Security, SaaS, Cloud Technologies, or Physical Security
- Strong technical and business acumen; MBA is a plus
- Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to partner with a broad coalition of stakeholders, ranging from sales, product, marketing, support, customer success and from individual contributors to executive team members across the organization
- Demonstrated leadership, creativity, and problem-solving abilities
- Understanding of sales methodologies such as MEDDIC, value selling, etc
- Strong project management and cross-functional skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
An ideal candidate also has:
- 2nd level management experience, managing a team of front-line sales engineering managers
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive a competitive total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.