Senior Knowledge Management Specialist
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2024
Best Places to Work by Built In 2024
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
Samsara’s Customer Success (CS) team advises and guides our customers, ensuring they adopt Samsara and continuously gain business value from our products. We are the trusted point of contact for Samsara’s customers throughout their lifecycle: onboarding, adoption, advocacy, and renewal.
The ideal candidate will have experience in developing and maintaining a technology-centric KM framework. As a part of the CS Enablement team, you will create and manage knowledge base articles, as well as develop, monitor, and enhance KM KPIs to optimize the impact of the KM program. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Enablement within the CS Operations Team, which serves our Customer Success, Implementation, and Renewals groups.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Every phone call you answer and every email you send can affect whether truck drivers deliver goods on time and without accidents, whether students get dropped off safely from school, or whether power gets restored quickly after a natural disaster.
- You thrive the most when solving problems: Our constantly expanding technology and the complexities faced by our customers provide an exciting range of challenges for our Customer Success teams. With a growth mindset and a desire to learn, you will strategically partner with our customers to find unique solutions to help keep their operations safe, efficient, and sustainable.
- You are a natural relationship builder: Whether the relationship is with our customers or with cross-functional teams in Samsara, you are in constant communication and collaboration with key stakeholders to win as a team.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. This Customer Success team is still shaping its future and you will have plenty of autonomy and opportunities to master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by the best and brightest professionals out there.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Craft clear and concise KB articles to support the refinement and expansion of the KM library
- Be responsible for project planning, coordination, and successful delivery within the KM portfolio
- Assist in the development and implementation of knowledge management strategies
- Identify and implement enhancements in our KM processes and technology, guided by KM KPIs and industry best practice
- Actively participate in technology-driven initiatives, incorporating AI and other innovative solutions
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 5+ years of KM experience, with a solid foundation in AI platforms, dynamic troubleshooting workflows, and KM analytics and KPIs
- Proficient in project and program management, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in managing or mentoring a small team, facilitating their development and alignment with organizational goals
- Proficient in one or more CMS or KMS system
An ideal candidate also has:
- KCS Certification
- Proficient in JIRA, Confluence, Zendesk, Tableau, or similar tools
- Proficient in support-focused or knowledge-focused AI tech
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive a competitive total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.