Senior People Partner - EMEA
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Highest-Rated Tech Companies for Culture and Values 2023
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a Senior/People Partner with strategic HR Business Partner experience to support our growing EMEA region. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with strong partnering skills and a passion for delivering impactful solutions that accelerate company and employee growth. We are looking for highly collaborative, execution-focused individuals who will dig deep into how to support the business at scale through employee programs and policies, culture and leadership practices, among others. Given our continued rapid growth, we are constantly looking for ways to develop and support our leaders so all Samsarians have an engaging employee experience while driving outsized business impact. The ideal candidate will bring creative and effective ideas and solutions to a growing organization.
The Senior/People Partner reports to the Head of People, EMEA. The role can be remote but with some regular trips to our London office along with occasional business travel across EMEA.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture of continuous growth and career development with countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Establish yourself as a trusted partner for your client groups and collaborate with leaders on initiatives that create a positive employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Deliver targeted solutions and recommendations with a focus on scale and growth, using an analytical and fact-based approach.
- Be curious in all forms of Samsara’s business processes, constantly looking for ways to learn, collaborate, and help improve business outcomes.
- Proactively assess team, manager, organizational development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions.
- Assume shared responsibility for the organizational and cultural health of the region and the effectiveness of its leadership team(s).
- Provide strategic business partnership, thought partnership, and coaching to all levels of the organization.
- Collaboratively partner with Global People Partners and COE’s to understand and raise regional priorities, and partner on execution of people priorities.
- Provide regional expertise and guidance on wide ranging employee topics including policies, benefits, local practices, cultural nuances, and issues.
- Maintain cultural and DEI awareness based on department and locale, and incorporate into business strategies and solutions.
- Drive and support continuous talent management and compensation/reward programs.
- Participate and lead projects as an integral member of the People Operations team.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 8+ years of relevant experience with a BA/BS degree or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; 5+ years in a strategic HR business partner capacity supporting leaders and teams across the EMEA markets.
- Passion to act with a quick pace and urgency, yet balanced with thoughtful, pragmatic, and outcome oriented mindset.
- Excellent analytical skills, organization, attention to detail, and problem-solving acumen
- Experience using data to identify insights and influence leadership decision making.
- Experience helping regions grow in global and/or matrixed organizations.
- Effective communication, consulting, coaching and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, iterative environment, open to changes in focus and direction.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience in a high-growth global tech company setting
- Degree with concentration(s) relating to human resources, business, law.
- Bi- or multilingual in English and French/German/Polish
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.