Supervisor, Customer Support
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Highest-Rated Tech Companies for Culture and Values 2023
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
We are looking for a supervisor capable of managing the day-to-day interactions and processes in our Level 1 Customer Support team. In this role, your main priority is to be available as a coach and mentor for your team members (both FTE and contract employees), providing insight into daily responsibilities, handling customer escalations, and overseeing your team to keep them on task. You will be responsible for contributing to the productivity of the support team as well as leading by example. Your goal is to empower your team to produce fast, consistent, world-class customer support and be present for the needs of the team.
Our ideal candidate is a high performer with experience leading a team in a contact center environment. This role will focus on training, teaching, and empowering our Level 1 Customer Support Specialists to grow into high-performing members of the support team.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for day-to-day monitoring and management of incoming contact channels (Phone, Email, Chat) and agent status to ensure adequate coverage, making adjustments as needed.
- Maintain schedules and monitor time-off requests and time reporting for FTE’s and contract workers.
- Train, continually coach & educate the Level 1 agents to ensure the highest standards for our customer support experience are achieved and maintained.
- Conduct regular ticket audits and reviews (informally and through QA) and constantly practice active coaching on a day-to-day basis.
- Work closely alongside other Supervisors, Training/Enablement, Workforce Management, and Support Operations Leadership to plan/execute structured education (both for initial onboarding and ongoing development).
- Be the initial point of escalation for Tier 1 questions and escalations from your team, and work with the management team on the resolution when needed.
- Constantly go above and beyond to serve our customers and your team, and be a standard-setting example for customer satisfaction.
- Think strategically about the current process and how to improve them.
- Answer customer-facing calls in order to remain up to date with the customers and team and to assist with peak phone volumes.
- May be asked to work an assigned shift that covers after-hours and/or weekends.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 1+ years of leadership experience as a leader of leaders in a high volume contact center support environment is required
- Strong understanding of Behavioral Based Coaching Model including establishing effective goals through a SMART model or similar
- Experience establishing expectations around development and performance management for both FTE and contingent workforces
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Superior customer facing skills with the ability to represent Samsara with strategic accounts and partners
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience required
- Bilingual English - Spanish
- French is a plus
An ideal candidate also has:
- Good understanding of ITSM Methodologies.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.