Supply Chain Manager
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Highest-Rated Tech Companies for Culture and Values 2023
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a smart, motivated Supply Chain Lead to ensure seamless execution of Supply Chain Operations across the product life cycle. In this high impact role, you will work collaboratively with the Supply Chain, Planning, Engineering teams and JDM partners to meet Samsara’s Supply targets. The lead will enable the Supply Chain Managers to execute daily operations across PO, materials and logistics management efficiently with heavy focus on process and standardization.
This is a Mexico based position.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee Supply Chain Operations including forecast release, PR/PO processing, material and build management, logistic coordination
- Be responsible for shipping within hard timeframes per supply targets
- Provide insights to barriers to production and materials
- Drive BOM ordering, cost improvement, change tracking, MRD reporting and supply optimization with JDM partners
- Interface with suppliers and internal cross-functional teams to resolve production gaps
- Collaborate ECOs with suppliers and cross-functional team to alleviate supply gaps
- Deliver accurate cost projections with elaborate cost models such as E&O, Returns, Warranty units
- Standardize communication by establishing tools, processes and reports
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years of global supply chain map development, global expansion or new supply structure creation or new product program management
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, global supply chain, PMP field or related discipline
- Experiences of HW BOM, Cost, ECO, Program base task assigned and schedule control are bonus points
- Nice to have experience of operational systems (ERP, PLM, ASCP..etc.) established
- Strong capability of analytic and reporting to Executive. level through various format / presentation of task simulation or solution presentation
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational & time management skills with passion for risk mitigation with solution development, analysis and sensitivity of numbers
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to function well in a high-paced, dynamic and high growth environment
- Demonstrated ability to implement programs across a wide range of stakeholder requirements
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.