Insurance Partner Account Executive
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Highest-Rated Tech Companies for Culture and Values 2023
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking a talented and driven Partner Manager to launch and scale relationships with Insurance carriers and brokers. Samsara’s telematics and dashcam technology help customers improve the safety of their operations - this has mutual benefits for our customers, as well as their insurance providers. Well-structured partnerships can help customers reduce their insurance premiums while helping Insurance carriers and brokers grow their businesses profitably. As an Insurance Partnership Manager, you will own the sourcing, structure, and business development relationships with carriers and brokers in Samsara’s Insurance Channel.
This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial role in which you will work with insurance organizations to create and market scalable programmes that benefit both end customers and insurers while driving sales and adoption of Samsara technology. Activities will include relationship building and management from the C-suite down, programme building and execution, marketing, training and enablement of Agents and Producers, and data-oriented practice development done in high-touch collaboration with Samsara’s insurance partners.
This position can be located at our EMEA HQ in London or be based remotely in France, Germany, or the Netherlands.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You have innate curiosity in how businesses work: One day you’ll meet with someone in waste management and the next you may be learning about the inner workings of a food distribution center. Our top sales team members seek to learn the ins and outs of the businesses they support in order to make a larger impact.
- You build genuine relationships with your customers: The industries we serve have relied on pen-and-paper solutions for years and haven’t been met with the type of technology we offer. Our customers value earned trust and human relationships built over time.
- You want to be with the best: Samsara’s high-performance culture means you’ll be surrounded by the best and challenged to go farther than you have before.
- You are a team player: At Samsara, sales is a team sport. We help each other out by sharing best practices and focus on winning as a team.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Source new insurers (Cold-calling/LinkedIn outreach, Response to organic inquiries, RFP/RFI responses, following up on customer-led introductions)
- Develop joint programmes with Insurance partners (guiding partners through the process of piloting and launching programmes based on our standard approaches to referral, subsidy, and whitelabel programmes)
- Develop and manage co-marketing campaigns with partners
- Create agent/producer trainings (In-person conference training, Virtual/Remote working training, Agent resources for one-off demos (prior to referral submission)
- Manage cross-functional projects and problem-solve (aligning stakeholders within sales, finance, marketing, and customer success) to make your partners’ programmes successful
- Enable and engage with Samsara sales teams to leverage insurance partners in the sales cycle to source and close business
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 3-5+ years of sales experience with consistent, documented overachievement
- 2+ years of partnership/channel management experience
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience in building/running channel marketing campaigns, and sales training
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills
An ideal candidate also has:
- Prior experience working with the insurance industry is a major plus
- Business proficiency in French in addition to English
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.