Senior Manager, Field Ops Recruiting
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Glassdoor's Highest-Rated Tech Companies for Culture and Values 2023
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
In this role, you will be a key leader in the global sales recruiting organization and own the hiring strategy for multiple sales segments. You will hire, develop and retain a team of high-performing sales recruiters and sourcers that is sought after for their talent consulting and consistently delivers on hiring demand. You will drive people, process and technology improvements that aim to increase hiring efficiency and quality as Samsara scales. You will contribute to and lead global cross-functional projects and programs. You will own key sales executive stakeholder relationships. You will influence sales talent strategy by providing regular reporting and market insights to sales executives. You will enforce a compliant and inclusive recruiting approach.
You will operate as a member of our recruiting leadership team and report to our Director, Sales Recruiting.
In this role, you will:
- Build for the long term: Establish systems, process and an org design that improves hiring quality, process efficiency and team productivity as the team and hiring demands scale
- See around corners: Deeply understand the businesses you support and how they are navigating changing needs from our customers so that you can proactively adjust our talent strategy accordingly
- Lead a high-performing recruiting team: Hire, develop, and lead a team of high performing individual contributors. Embody our Samsara Leadership principles.
- Deliver results: Manage KPI achievement and tracking for the team. Lead key org-wide initiatives to improve outcomes.
- Establish hiring quality feedback loops: Aim to continually improve hiring calibration and evaluation practices by building a partnership and data feedback loop with sales enablement, sales leadership and people ops.
- Drive diversity initiatives for the team & execute on hiring goals: Execute on quarterly hiring goals with a focus on acquiring top diverse talent to meet our current and future hiring needs.
- Raise the bar on Assessment: Facilitate regular department trainings with hiring managers and interviewers
- Evangelize Change: Influence sales org-wide change management initiatives through strong, trusting stakeholder relationships
- Partner on talent strategy: Partner with business stakeholders on 3-Year roadmapping with one year milestones. Regularly manage pipeline activity and maintain data integrity, and proactively share data-centric updates with internal stakeholders. Own weekly and quarterly reporting to sales executives.
- Role model operational excellence: Lead and coach others to identify areas for opportunity, scope solutions and deliver on key process improvements.
- Be a culture champion: Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 10+ years of experience in talent acquisition with experience in private or public companies
- 5+ years of people management experience; demonstrated ability to hire, coach, empower, and develop talent
- Strong analytical skills: ability to extract insights from raw data sets and experience with excel formulas and pivot tables required
- Strong presentation skills: proven ability to create and deliver compelling presentations to an executive level audience
We pay for performance, and top performers are eligible to receive above target equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.