Senior Technical Program Manager
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
Technical Program Managers at Samsara are the linchpins of our most complex programs - driving strategic and tactical initiatives to successfully deliver key programs that have a material impact on the business. You will partner closely across engineering teams (software, quality, firmware) to plan and drive development for new features and key initiatives. This includes developing upfront milestone+date based plans, partnering with product managers and engineering managers to align with key program milestones, and most importantly provide thought leadership as we navigate the surprises and course corrections inherent to software/firmware programs. This position is primarily focused on software programs.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: The software, firmware, and hardware you build will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You want to build for scale: With over 2.3 million IoT devices deployed to our global customers, you will work on a range of new and mature technologies driving scalable innovation for customers across industries driving the world's physical operations.
- You are a life-long learner: We have ambitious goals. Every Samsarian has a growth mindset as we work with a wide range of technologies, challenges, and customers that push us to learn on the go.
- You believe customers are more than a number: Samsara engineers enjoy a rare closeness to the end user and you will have the opportunity to participate in customer interviews, collaborate with customer success and product managers, and use metrics to ensure our work is translating into better customer outcomes.
- You are a team player: Working on our Samsara Engineering teams requires a mix of independent effort and collaboration. Motivated by our mission, we’re all racing toward our connected operations vision, and we intend to win—together.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Drive programs across multiple internal teams as well as partner teams. This Includes horizontal and vertical types of programs.
- Work with engineering leadership and product management to develop robust project plans for complex multi quarter engineering programs. This includes building consensus and ensuring accountability.
- Communicate broadly to engineering and senior leadership across teams, functions and level on goals, progress, and process efficiencies.
- Identify risks, resolve key program conflicts, and establish appropriate resolution paths.
- Build and maintain work backlogs, manage engineering dependencies and ensure concise and accurate communications with stakeholders.
- Lead decision making processes - builds consensus, secures commitments, and negotiates positive outcomes.
- Build trusting relationships with stakeholders, partners, and team members.
- Develop and promote known best practices and train others on existing processes and tools.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 7+ years of full-time technical program management experience in an engineering organization managing programs at scale, or equivalent experience.
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience, in a technical field
- You speak English proficiently
An ideal candidate also has:
- Proven success on establishing organization-wide processes and communication framework for R&D initiatives
- 2+ years of hands-on software development experience a plus
- Knowledge of complex technical ecosystems and adequate technical depth
- Direct experience working with software engineering leadership, technical teams, and individual contributors
- Ability to quickly adapt to faster pace, shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through
Disclaimer: Please note we only offer a regular employment contract for this position.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.