Account Development Representative - DACH
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
As an Account Development Representative (ADR) at Samsara, you will be trained, both on-the-job and with formal training programs led by a world-class team of sales professionals, to take on your next role as closing Account Executive. The role is remote friendly.
On a daily basis, you will be responsible for sourcing pipeline for our EMEA business, generating opportunities via outbound outreach.
This position can be based in the UK or in Germany. Our European headquarters are based in London.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. Successful ADRs can see promotion to a closing role in two years or less.
- You love talking to people: In this role you will average 80+ calls to prospective customers daily.
- You have innate curiosity in how businesses work: One day you’ll meet with someone in waste management and the next you may be learning about the inner workings of a food distribution center. Our top sales team members seek to learn the ins and outs of the businesses they support in order to make a larger impact.
- You treat rejection as a learning experience: In this role, you will get hung up on and you will get told no. You need to have resilience to pick up the phone again and again to sell Samsara’s mission.
- You want to be with the best: Samsara’s high-performance Sales culture means you’ll be surrounded by the best and challenged to go farther than you have before.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Work directly with Account Executives (Mid Market and Enterprise) to drive pipeline through personalized outreach to prospects via phone, emails and Linkedin
- Partner with leadership across functions to build Samsara’s European business
- Become a product expert and learn the Samsara way of selling
- Keep meticulous records of interactions with accounts in our CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Experience in sales, with 6-12 months experience in a sales role minimum
- Experience in volume cold calling prospects (outbound lead generation)
- Highly motivated and committed, with strong desire to work in target driven sales
- Proven track record of consistent quota over-achievement
- Curious and able to ask insightful questions
- A champion of a Growth Mindset
- Highly Proficient in English and German
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience in closing-sales roles
- Proven track record of achievements beyond work (e.g. academics, sports, charity, …)
- Willingness to collaborate and influence in a “win as a team” environment
- Excitement about solving new problems in innovative ways
- Motivation to help building a fast-growing business in the IoT and SaaS space
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.