Senior Event Manager - Internal Events
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
This role would manage the design, orchestration, and execution of Samsara’s R&D Kickoff Program and will also have the opportunity to work on other high impact R&D internal events.
This person would lead the planning and logistics for Samsara’s R&D Kickoff Program including: event elements such as event logistics for the 2 day in person program, branding, social elements, and event communication. They would be responsible for working closely with cross-functional stakeholders and delegating critical work streams as needed, while remaining the overall project manager. They should be creative, detail oriented, & relentlessly focused on the employee experience.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Develop, plan and execute the end-to-end event production for Samsara’s R&D Kickoff Program
- Manage the entire event & production budget including preparation, negotiation, and accurate forecasts; alert management about any risks and make recommendations for corrective action
- Own end-to-end event logistics and vendor management including audiovisual, food and beverage, social elements, and travel and transportation; create detailed production timelines and run-of-show documents
- Understand Samsara’s brand and contribute to developing overall events, activations, and experiences that reflect it
- Support internal communications & promotion of events, liaison with other departments
- Support the selection and management of external guest speakers
- Establish success criteria and evaluate event impact; prepare stakeholder and executive-level post-event follow-up and make recommendations for improvement
- Bring energy, creativity, and new ideas to build a successful event experience
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 8+ years of experience in event production, event marketing, and/or project management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required along with the ability to travel 20% of the time for live events
- Live event technical understanding, large-scale production, and full event keynote session experience
- Someone who has strong executive presence and is an assured decision maker with extraordinary attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a solid understanding of end to end project management
- Passion for creating a well-established and enjoyable company culture that everyone wants to be a part of
- Team player who is interested in contributing positively to the team & broader Samsara community
An ideal candidate also has:
- Strong communication, negotiation, and budget-management skills, with the ability to work across all levels of an organization
- Extraordinary attention to detail and able to run multiple concurrent project demands within established timelines
- Creative skills to design events that fit the Samsara brand and produce exceptional experiences for our customers
- Ability to work independently in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
We pay for performance, and top performers are eligible to receive above target equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.