Director, Public Sector Partnerships
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
Samsara’s rapid growth and success in the enterprise segment has created a need for more Public Sector partnerships to scale our business. We are seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to join our team as the Director of Public Sector Partnerships.
This pivotal role will be responsible for leading Samsara’s Public Sector Partner go-to-market strategy and initiatives. You will be establishing and nurturing Public Sector partnerships with distributors, national and regional Value-Added Resellers (VaRs), Direct Market Resellers (DMRs) and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) driving growth, and ensuring success within the public sector. Collaborating closely with our sales, product, and customer success teams, you will set the strategy for our Public Sector partners, and ensure highly qualified, customer-oriented partners are available to work with our customers. You will develop and maintain metrics to monitor the performance of these partners, so as to better inform sales, customer success, and customers about which partners to work with based on the need. You will work with our Partner Enablement team to develop training and enablement programs for our partners.
You should apply if:
- You are a strategic thinker with a passion for forging impactful partnerships within the public sector, and you thrive in a dynamic and innovative environment. This is an opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping the growth and success of Samsara while contributing to the evolution of IoT telematics technology.
In this role, you will work on:
- Strategy Development:
- Develop and refine the overall Public Sector partnership strategy in alignment with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Identify, evaluate, and establish strategic Public Sector partnerships with national and regional distributors, Value-Added Resellers (VaRs), Direct Market Resellers (DMRs) and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs).
- Stakeholder Engagement:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including existing and potential Public Sector partners, industry influencers, and internal teams.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to ensure Public Sector partnership goals, objectives, and growth targets align with the organization's vision.
- Negotiation and Contracting:
- Lead negotiation efforts with potential partners to establish mutually beneficial terms and agreements.
- Partnership Recruitment, Nurturing & Growth:
- Evaluate and recruit new Public Sector partnership opportunities that align with the company's strategic priorities.
- Work closely with partners to co-create value-added solutions, driving joint growth opportunities.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration:
- Foster collaboration across various internal teams (product, sales, marketing, etc.) to leverage resources and expertise for partnership success.
- Act as a liaison between partners and internal stakeholders, ensuring seamless communication and alignment.
- Performance Evaluation:
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure the success of partnerships.
- Regularly assess partnership performance and use data-driven insights to optimize strategies for continuous improvement.
- Management and Development:
- Lead and mentor a team of partner professionals, fostering their growth and success.
- Provide guidance, support and performance feedback to ensure the team’s effectiveness.
- Championing, role-modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
- Hiring, developing and leading an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field. MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred.
- 10-15 years of partner management experience with a proven track record in business. development, partnership management, or related roles within the technology industry.
- 10 years of leadership experience with a track record of managing and developing teams.
- Extensive experience working with distributors, national and regional Value-Added Resellers (VaRs), Direct Market Resellers (DMRs) and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) with strong network and existing relationships within the public sector domain.
- Exceptional written & oral negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with internal & external C level and above individuals.
- Strategic thinker with a track record of driving revenue growth through partnerships.
- Proficiency in data analysis and using insights to drive decision-making with the ability to translate high-level goals into actionable plans.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Consistent quota (over)achievement in previous roles.
- Familiarity with IoT, telematics, and related technologies is a plus.
We pay for performance, and top performers are eligible to receive above target equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.