Senior Business Systems Analyst - NetSuite
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
The Business Systems team makes systems/processes more efficient, reduces manual, low-value work, and enables the company to run better, make better choices, and ultimately be more profitable. Our company is unique in that we are a truly hybrid hardware and SaaS business. This creates new challenges in both Order-to-Cash and financial processes. We are seeking a creative, intellectually curious individual to collaborate and solve for these complex needs.
As a Senior Netsuite Analyst, you will be a shared owner of the vision for Samsara’s Finance and ERP (NetSuite) systems. You will be responsible for becoming a go-to SME for our business partners, initiating and delivering on large and complex projects, and providing key mentorship to more junior BSAs. We are a high performing team where everyone pitches in. You will roll your sleeves up and help with support particularly during month/quarter end also spending time on internal testing to ensure release quality.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background and hands-on experience in areas Quote-to-Cash, Record-to-Report, and custom solution design experience with a solid problem-solving mindset, excellent interpersonal communications, diligent time management skills, be team-oriented and have a strong work ethic. NetSuite and professional certifications are a plus! This role will collaborate with developers, engineers, and other BSAs within Samsara on strategic projects.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Identify and collaborate effectively with key ICs and leaders across Finance, IT, Sales, Supply Chain, Operations, FPA, and more to solve key business challenges through implementing best practice solutions which can include process change, configuration, and/or customization
- Perform complex business and systems analysis work to provide forward thinking, long term technical solutions. Understands business processes and solutions agnostic of specific systems and can document and articulate outcomes to both IT and business users as needed.
- Facilitate and host cross-functional requirement sessions to elicit, document, and define business requirements to identify functional scope for enterprise size projects. Able to identify unspoken/ conflicting requirements and drive meaningful change even going against the grain (as needed)
- Drive design and system configuration within NetSuite, and other key financial systems
- Prepare and review documentation for current processes, pain points, and assumptions for finance systems and continuously identify opportunities that will streamline workflows and processes within accounting
- Draw from your experience to recommend changes in development, maintenance, and system standards that improves the team and our users’ experience while delivering long term scalability
- Assist in the ongoing administration of NetSuite and other finance systems as part of a team effort -- create/ modify user roles and permissions, item configuration, workflows, custom fields, custom records, dashboards, advanced templates, multibook entities, searches, reporting changes, related administration duties, etc.
- Maintain our critical business systems: coordinate system upgrade activity, respond to issues and incidents, and provide day-to-day administration of the critical business systems that drive our global finance operations
- Support for key month/ quarter end close processes (on call)
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience with the Netsuite platform
- Experience with designing and supporting integrations between Netsuite and other business systems (for example Salesforce, Concur, Adaptive, HRIS systems, Tax systems, Zuora, etc.)
- Experience with subscription business models, and recurring billing systems
- Strong understanding of key financial business processes (Emphasis on Quote-to-Cash and Record-to-Report, additional modules are a plus!)
An ideal candidate also has:
- Netsuite ERP certifications and/ or CPA
- Experience working with systems that handle sensitive data and with SOX controls and change management processes
- Proficient in accounting, from T accounts to double entry bookkeeping to multi-entity multi-currency consolidation and beyond
- Experience with integration tools (e.g. MuleSoft)
- Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a project go well. You are equally comfortable taking personal ownership for a task as delegating it.
- Prior knowledge and experience working in sprints and following Agile methodology
- Able to handle ambiguity and work effectively in a fast paced and fluid environment for a mid to enterprise sized organization
- Proficient knowledge of SQL able to create and review intermediate to complex queries
We pay for performance, and top performers are eligible to receive above target equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.