Senior Marketing Operations Manager - Localization
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Localization Manager that has a proven track record of expanding a localization program into global markets including Canada, Mexico, and EMEA. As a key member of our marketing team, you will work alongside our regional teams to build out and execute a best-in-class localization program to grow Samsara in global markets. This is a highly collaborative role that will work cross-functionally with our Go-To-Market teams to understand key initiatives that will require localization efforts. This role will report to the Senior Director of Brand & Creative and will manage our relationship and budget with our localization vendors.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Work collaboratively across the marketing team and with other key internal stakeholders to build out and execute a localization strategy in our global markets including Canada, Mexico, and EMEA.
- Manage website localization initiatives and vendor management around both digital and traditional localization.
- Manage the localization budget to drive excellent results and control costs.
- Ensure accuracy of translation in all produced materials.
- Maintain a solid understanding of other vendors within this space ensuring our budgets are used effectively.
- Report on key performance metrics of our localization assets, constantly looking at how to improve.
- Deliver on localization objectives and use data-driven decision making to drive growth.
- Build out a structure that will help Samsara scale our localization efforts.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years of experience in localization and/or project management.
- A strong track record of driving and scaling localization efforts in fast-paced environments.
- Thorough understanding of translation and localization digital platforms.
- Excellent team player who values other views and can earn stakeholder confidence quickly and exert influence.
- Ability to identify, track and present metrics for success on localization projects.
- Ability to support multiple projects and manage shifting priorities.
- Strong written and verbal English communication and presentation skills.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience in the B2B tech space
- Experience managing various vendors and agencies
- Experience working on regional campaigns
- Experience using the Smartling tool
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.