Senior Product Manager - Safety
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to help us take one of our largest and fastest growing businesses - Video-based Safety - to the next level. The Video-Safety product line is a combination of hardware and software (on-device firmware, a cloud-based UI, and a set of APIs), so you’re adept at working across this stack and have experience delivering similar products at scale. A core and deep focus area is our use of computer vision and AI-driven capabilities to provide video intelligence, workflows & automation, and ultimately support customer business needs from security and safety to operational efficiency.
As a member of the Product team, you’ll be responsible for the end-to-end success of new products and features that delight our customers and further Samsara’s vision. Samsara’s approach to product management is rooted in a deep understanding of the customer. You’ll learn about our customers’ operations, identify the most meaningful problems that we could solve for them, and develop a product vision that maximizes the impact Samsara can make on the market. With a laser focus, entrepreneurial spirit, and easy-to-work-with collaborative approach, you’ll help us drive the next step change in growth of the Safety product.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Work with our talented engineering teams to launch new software features, and help drive a fast-growing, at-scale business with $300MM+ in ARR.
- Leverage data to understand our customers and market positioning to ensure effective prioritization, establish a roadmap and define long-term strategy across products and features.
- Develop a technical understanding of our product’s systems and work with engineers and stakeholders to identify meaningful improvements.
- Mentor and have opportunities to formally lead early-career PMs.
- Seek improvements to improve the practice of product management at Samsara to help drive hyper-growth at scale.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural values (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years in a product management role, with a deep understanding of how to operate & deliver as a team.
- Strong technical understanding, ability to grasp technical concepts, and establish credibility with engineers.
- Strong understanding of how to build for enterprise-scale.
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty writing a spec or jumping on a customer call, but can also mentor others to do the same.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers, executives, and internal audiences.
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on tight timelines.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical field; an MBA is a plus.
- Deep experience creating and growing products leveraging video data.
- An appreciation for details and experience designing robust data structures and reporting experiences.
- Product management experience in the IoT space and/or on products with a vertically integrated hardware+software stack.
- Created customer experiences on top of new hardware introduction, collaborating with embedded and hardware product & engineering.
- Familiarity with B2B SaaS products and working with B2B sales teams.
We pay for performance, and top performers are eligible to receive above target equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.