Entry Level Tech Sales - Dutch fluency required
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
As a ‘Sales Graduate’ at Samsara, you will be trained, both on-the-job and with formal training programs led by a high performing team of sales professionals, to develop into an Outbound Account Development Representative (ADR).
Typical career path for a Sales Graduate includes 6-12 months in Sales Graduate Role, 18-24 months in an Account Development Representative role, then progression to an Account Executive position.
On a daily basis, you will be responsible for timely responses to inbound inquiries, expanding our list of prospects by finding new companies to target, and ultimately contributing to the generation of new business in EMEA for Samsara.
You must be based in the Netherlands and be a fluent Dutch speaker.
Remote work available within the Netherlands.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You have innate curiosity in how businesses work: One day you’ll meet with someone in waste management and the next you may be learning about the inner workings of a food distribution center. Our top sales team members seek to learn the ins and outs of the businesses they support in order to make a larger impact.
- You build genuine relationships with your customers: The industries we serve have relied on pen-and-paper solutions for years and haven’t been met with the type of technology we offer. Our customers value earned trust and human relationships built over time.
- You want to be with the best: Samsara’s high-performance culture means you’ll be surrounded by the best and challenged to go farther than you have before.
- You are a team player: At Samsara, sales is a team sport. We help each other out by sharing best practices and focus on winning as a team.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Provide a timely response to inquiries from prospective customers, and book demos of Samsara’s products
- Receive weekly training on the Samsara way of selling, to be prepared for your next role in Sales as an outbound Account Development Representative (ADR)
- Work directly with ADR and Account Executives (AE, Mid Market and Enterprise) to find new business opportunities
- Keep meticulous records of interactions with leads in our CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s Values (Focus on Customer Success, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Build for the Long Term, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Highly motivated and resourceful, with strong desire to work in target driven sales
- Eager and driven to succeed in a high-performing team
- Curious and able to ask insightful questions
- A champion of a Growth Mindset
- Highly Proficient in Dutch and English language skills - essential
An ideal candidate also has:
- Some work experience in a cold calling sales environment but not essential
- Proven track record of achievements beyond work (e.g. academics, sports, charity, …)
- Motivated to help building a fast-growing business in the IoT and SaaS space
- We read every application. If any of the above resonates with you, be sure to say so on your CV!
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.