Investor Relations Lead
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
The Samsara Investor Relations team focuses on the strategy, analytics, and communication of company positioning with external stakeholders (investors and sell-side research). As an Investor Relations Lead, you will be a critical member of the team defining strategy and building key external relationships. This position offers an excellent opportunity to work closely with C-level executives and cross-functional teams across finance, legal, product, and marketing. You will work directly with the VP of Corporate Development and Investor Relations. Key responsibilities include: positioning quarterly earnings, hosting an annual investor day, presenting to investors and sell-side research, building the guidance and consensus models, and executing special projects. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, analytical, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and comfortable thinking in front of senior executives. This is a highly visible role in the organization involving close partnership with senior executives across Samsara.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Provide thought leadership and collaborate with senior executives on company messaging
- Lead and support all aspects of external investor communications by preparing materials such as the shareholder letter, investor presentation, investor day presentation, press release, script, and Q&A
- Build consensus and guidance models
- Lead investor calls and in-person meetings
- Foster long-term relationships with investors and sell-side research
- Support the planning, logistics and execution of key investor events such as conferences, NDRs, and bus tours, including: investor targeting, interest and engagement tracking, FAQ prep and logistical support
- Synthesize equity research reports, transcripts, and industry developments to inform senior management of relevant updates
- Manage external investor relations communications (SEC filings, website, press releases)
- Execute cross-functional special projects
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 8-10+ years of experience in a mix of investor relations, investment banking, equity research, or strategic finance
- Team player willing to “roll up their sleeves”, self-motivated, proactive, organized, and positive attitude
- Demonstrated analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation, and other quantitative analyses
- Demonstrated experience influencing and communicating effectively across all levels and teams across the organization
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, and presentation ability
- Knowledge of financial modeling and valuation techniques used by investors and sell-side research
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and execute effectively while thinking creatively and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong executive presence and comfortable talking to investors with conviction
- Experience managing and developing high caliber teams
- Bachelor’s degree in finance / economics / accounting / mathematics or an MBA preferred
An ideal candidate also has:
- Specific skills or experience that are nice to have
We pay for performance, and top performers are eligible to receive above target equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.