Senior Business Systems Analyst - Supply Chain
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
This position will be part of the Business Systems team. The goal of the Business Systems team is to create and deliver meaningful, large-scale technology programs that increase the ROI of Samsara’s systems and technology, and improve the overall value and performance of the organization. We make systems and processes more efficient, reduce manual, low-value work, and enable the company to run better, make better conclusions, and ultimately be more profitable.
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst, you will be a shared owner of the vision for Samsara’s Supply Chain systems. You will be responsible for becoming the go-to subject matter expert for our business partners, initiating and delivering on large and complex projects. We are a lean team: we collaborate to help with support, particularly during the month or quarter end, and also spend time on internal testing to ensure release quality.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background with hands-on experience in Supply Chain Modules of Inventory, BOM, Procurement, Order Management, and Shipping. Familiarity with the core planning modules: Demand Planning, Supply Planning, and Inventory Planning. We collaborate with developers, operations teams, cross-functional teams, and other BSAs within Samsara on strategic projects.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Act as the application and process expert for the Supply Chain functions. Analyze business and other data processing requirements to implement and improve supply chain processes & systems to provide Samsara with comprehensive business and industry best practices.
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate and improve cross-functional systems and process projects related to operations, particularly in the areas of Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Order Management, Commodity Management, and Planning.
- Perform complex business and systems analysis to provide forward-thinking, long-term solutions with an exceptional user experience.
- Facilitate and direct cross-functional requirement sessions to elicit, document, and evaluate business requirements to identify functional scope.
- Identify unspoken/ conflicting requirements and drive meaningful change, even going against the grain (as needed).
- Prepare and review documentation for current processes, pain points, and assumptions for SCM systems and continuously identify opportunities that will streamline workflows and processes.
- Work with vendors to assess and identify best-in-breed tools to meet business needs.
- Maintain our critical business systems: coordinate system upgrade activity, respond to issues and incidents, and provide day-to-day administration of the critical business systems that drive our SCM operations.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 8+ years of experience implementing Supply Chain systems and knowledge of one or more ERPs
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Management information systems (MIS), or other technical and analytical fields
- Strong techno-functional experience with Supply Chain modules and ERP software platforms (NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Proven ability to work with business owners and business leaders to drive KPI definition and implementation
- Experience analyzing and improving supply chain data, information, and processes
- Strong knowledge of the end to end Supply Chain process
- Design to Release
- Order to Cash
- Forecast to Build
- Procure to Pay
- Commodity Management
- Logistics (Forward / Reverse), DC operations
- Proven implementation of analytics and visibility solutions to transform Supply Chain business processes
- Strong working knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies
- Prior knowledge and experience working in sprints and following the Agile methodology
- Ability to handle ambiguity, nurture creativity, and work effectively in a fast-paced and fluid environment
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience with Planning and PLM Systems
- Experience with vendor-managed inventory or direct point of sale
- Advanced procurement
- Outsourcing the manufacturing process and collaborations with external vendors
- Knowledge of integrating supply chain data into boundary or vendor systems
- APICS and CPIM Certifications
We pay for performance, and top performers are eligible to receive above target equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.