Operations and Strategy Analyst
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
Samsara’s Customer Success (CS) team advises and guides our customers, ensuring they adopt Samsara and continuously gain business value from our products. We are the trusted point of contact for Samsara’s customers throughout their lifecycle: onboarding, adoption, advocacy, and renewal.
In this role, you will work directly with the CS Operations Manager and CS Leadership to build out best-in-class Data Analytics, Systems, and Enablement Tools to enable the CS team to provide the best experience to Samsara’s customers. Our data and analytics foundation will include executive reporting, health of business reviews, dashboards, and KPIs. Launching systems and enablement tools will give you hands-on operating experience in scaling and standardizing processes in a growing organization. Additionally, your role will be cross-functional in nature, working alongside other teams such as Sales, Support, Product, and Finance, enabling you to experience multiple aspects of a fast-growing company from within.
This role requires strong business acumen, a passion for scaling organizations and streamlining operations, and an eagerness to constantly deliver data-driven improvements in a fast-moving environment.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Drive continuous improvement to achieve and maintain operational excellence for CS
- Manage playbooks and processes, team enablement, technology, and data insights for a 75+ person (and growing!) CS organization
- Drive industry research of best practices to ensure Samsara is building upon cutting-edge technologies and management practices
- Own all projection models for CS, including headcount, staffing, renewals, and budget
- Build, maintain, and improve our data and reporting capabilities
- Identify and tackle our toughest operational problems through processes, tools, and dashboards that scale
- Work with cross-functional leaders to deliver outcomes for Samsara and our customers
- Lead with creative problem solving and measure expected and actual results for your initiatives
- Build a project and change management foundation by establishing tools, process, and communication standards within CS
- Contribute to building out team norms and operating procedures as one of our early hires
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 3+ years of data-driven, operational experience, ideally in a SaaS environment or fast-paced management consulting role
- Proven track record creating systems and processes that measurably increase team productivity and/or customer outcomes
- Experience launching change management operational process improvements
- Ownership of a critical business system for a function’s end-to-end processes
- Expert in data analysis, segmentation, and reporting - driving evidence-based decisions
- Proven track record of building trust and communicating effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders: executives, Product and Engineering leadership, frontline managers
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through issues
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution. MBA preferred
An ideal candidate also has:
- Ownership of the technology stack for a function’s end-to-end processes
- Strong knowledge of Gainsight, Totango, and Google BigQuery
- Strong bias for action, the ability to think big, with an insistence on high standards
- Thrives in an unstructured, fast-paced, and change-heavy environment
- A penchant for customer service, patience, and resourcefulness
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.