Senior Product Manager - Safety and Sites
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
Reporting to the Director of Product, you will drive product execution and enablement, partner with colleagues in Engineering, Design, as well as cross-functionally with our Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams. With a laser focus, entrepreneurial spirit, and easy-to-work-with collaborative approach, you’ll help us drive the next step change in growth of the video product.
The Sites and Safety product lines combine the use of camera and video platforms to support customer business needs from security and safety to operational efficiency. Products you’ve previously managed have had these core elements too, so you have good intuition on how to refine them over time. You’ll also work closely with your Product peers to ensure Sites and Safety is intimately connected with our wider portfolio of physical operations management products, giving customers even more end-to-end value.
We have big ambitions for this product area, a “dream team” already running with it, so all we need now is you!
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Work with our talented engineering teams to launch new software features, and help drive a fast-growing, at-scale business with $300MM+ in ARR
- Gather customer feedback to understand needs and prioritize feature development
- Define clear metrics to track and refine our customer experience
- Partner with our Sales team to help close strategic customer accounts as needed
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural values (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years in a product management role, with a deep understanding of how to operate & deliver as a team
- Strong technical understanding, ability to grasp technical concepts, and establish credibility with engineers
- Strong understanding of how to build for enterprise-scale
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results. You’re not afraid to get your hands dirty writing a spec or jumping on a customer call, but can also mentor others to do the same.
- Excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers and internal audiences
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on tight timelines
An ideal candidate also has:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical field; an MBA is a plus
- Deep experience creating and growing products leveraging video data
- Product management experience in the IoT space and/or on products with a vertically integrated hardware+software stack
- Familiarity with B2B SaaS products and working with B2B sales teams
- Entrepreneurial experience
We pay for performance, and top performers are eligible to receive above target equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.