Director, Majors Regional Sales - East
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
Public Sector Enterprise East is responsible for representing the Samsara brand in the larger Public Sector market segment (Federal, States, Counties/Cities over 100K citizens and higher education institutions over 10K students in the Central USA). The Regional Sales Director for this market segment will be an experienced, talented and driven sales leader to expand Samsara’s brand and customer base. The candidate would ideally have a history of over-achievement and be comfortable selling into all levels of an organization in both technology and lines of business, as well as manage a team of high performing Account Executives with an accurate forecasting methodology. Candidates should be located in the Eastern to Southeastern USA market.
In this role, you will:
- Implement effective coaching and development of Account Executives
- Collaborate with executive team to develop performance metrics
- Coordinate the involvement of Field Sales Engineers and support teams so that performance objectives and customers’ expectations are consistently met
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, lead and retain an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Previous experience supervising a sales team in the Eastern/Southeast USA in a management capacity and looking to move into a management role
- Proven track record of ability to train, spearhead and motivate enterprise sales teams
- Solid understanding of SFDC and accurate forecasting methodology
- 8+ years of technology sales experience
- 5+ years experience managing a team/sales supervision and/or high overachievement as an individual contributor in Public Sector
- Ideally have Federal Sales experience and understanding of this market’s unique compliance requirements
An ideal candidate also has:
- Public Sector (aka SLED) sales and/or sales management experience
- SaaS/Cloud selling experience
We pay for performance, and top performers are eligible to receive above target equity refresh awards which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.
Something looks off?