Solutions Integration Engineer
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the Role:
As a Solutions Integration Engineer at Samsara, you will be an integral member of the Professional Services team responsible for helping Samsara’s most strategic customers implement B2B integrations with our IoT platform. In a given week, you may work with a large long-haul trucking company, an industrial-scale food producer, and a public utility to map a customer’s integration needs to current and future API capabilities, provide guidance and technical training to implementation teams to follow best practices, troubleshoot issues and advocate for fixes on behalf of customers (working with our tech support team), and ensure a successful customer relationship. A successful Solutions Integration Engineer at Samsara will develop a thorough understanding of B2B integrations to ensure the proper technical solution is delivered to our customers.
Your role will be cross-functional in nature, working alongside and connecting product managers, business operations, sales, and systems engineers, enabling you to experience multiple aspects of a hyper-growth company from within. Since Samsara is a fast-growing company with an emerging IoT technology, you can expect this role to evolve over time, with opportunities to take on increasing levels of responsibility and impact our growth.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Every phone call you answer and every email you send can affect whether truck drivers deliver goods on time and without accidents, whether students get dropped off safely from school, or whether power gets restored quickly after a natural disaster.
- You thrive the most when solving problems: Our constantly expanding technology and the complexities faced by our customers provide an exciting range of challenges for our Customer Success teams. With a growth mindset and a desire to learn, you will strategically partner with our customers to find unique solutions to help keep their operations safe, efficient, and sustainable.
- You are a natural relationship builder: Whether the relationship is with our customers or with cross-functional teams in Samsara, you are in constant communication and collaboration with key stakeholders to win as a team.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. This Customer Success team is still shaping its future and you will have plenty of autonomy and opportunities to master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by the best and brightest professionals out there.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Lead system integration projects with customer development teams, 3rd-party systems integrators or build your own enterprise-grade scalable solutions using Samsara APIs
- Advise and document best practices around integrations using Samara APIs and products
- Design/develop/define complex project scopes, technical specifications and business requirements between Samsara and multiple stakeholders
- Build robust and scalable integration architecture to help solve use cases like Real time Data Streaming, Event subscriptions, Batch processing etc.
- Test, validate and review code to ensure completeness and highest quality deliverables
- Exchange best practices, share knowledge with the Samsara product team, developer community, and advocate for customer experience
- Collaborate with the Samsara’s Developer EcoSystem team closely to improve our API experience and featureset
- Contribute to the enhancement of Professional Services methodologies and tools
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3+ years of experience designing and building Integration solutions using proven architecture methodologies
- Experience in gathering data integration requirements and translating into good technical designs
- Can write, read and understand code in Python and one additional programming language (Ruby, Go, etc.)
- 1+ years hands-on experience utilizing Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, or GCP) in a Prod/Dev environment
- Hands-on experience in building or working with RESTful APIs/Webhooks and modern databases
- Hands-on experience with customer evaluations and deployments, with the ability to juggle multiple customer engagements in parallel
- Knowledge of PowerBI/Tableau, SQL and data visualization concepts is a huge plus
- Proven ability to effectively manage complex projects with a wide range of stakeholders including C-Level executives
- Strong written communication and presentation skills, demonstrated ability to work with a diverse set of teams
An ideal candidate also has:
- Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Minimum 2+ years customer facing experience supporting Enterprise-scale integrations or API scripting
- Familiarity with B2B system integration projects and workflows
- Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results
- Tinkering with hardware gadgets, sensors, or vehicles is a plus
- Familiarity with fleets and logistics a plus
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.
Something looks off?