Senior Sales Operations and Strategy Associate
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a platform that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. At Samsara, we are helping improve the safety, efficiency and sustainability of the physical operations that power our global economy. Representing more than 40% of global GDP, these industries are the infrastructure of our planet, including agriculture, construction, field services, transportation, and manufacturing — and we are excited to help digitally transform their operations at scale.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including Video-Based Safety, Vehicle Telematics, Apps and Driver Workflows, Equipment Monitoring, and Site Visibility. As part of a recently public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Great Place To Work Certified™ 2023
Best Place to Work by Built In 2023
Financial Times The Americas’ Fastest Growing Companies 2023
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
We see a profound opportunity for data to improve the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of operations, and hope you consider joining us on this exciting journey.
About the role:
The Sales Operations and Strategy team is looking for curious, motivated and high-impact team members to join the team. Our teams’ mandate is to drive revenue growth through sales performance and efficiency of the North America Commercial, Mid-Market and Enterprise Sales teams. We are a highly collaborative team that partners with sales leaders and cross-functionally to realize growing revenue targets, to scale the organization sustainably, and to address GTM challenges and opportunities.
We are a team that seeks to have an outsized impact on Samsara and we achieve that through rigorous and ongoing skill development.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You have innate curiosity in how businesses work: One day you’ll meet with someone in waste management and the next you may be learning about the inner workings of a food distribution center. Our top sales team members seek to learn the ins and outs of the businesses they support in order to make a larger impact.
- You build genuine relationships with your customers: The industries we serve have relied on pen-and-paper solutions for years and haven’t been met with the type of technology we offer. Our customers value earned trust and human relationships built over time.
- You want to be with the best: Samsara’s high-performance culture means you’ll be surrounded by the best and challenged to go farther than you have before.
- You are a team player: At Samsara, sales is a team sport. We help each other out by sharing best practices and focus on winning as a team.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Evaluate and diagnose sales team performance and owning analytical models and sources of insights (performance forecasting, productivity models, etc)
- Guide sales teams and their team leads through analysis of business opportunities and challenges, then lead execution
- Develop and drive initiatives to help scale business segments to achieve sales growth targets
- Identify risks to growth goals and develop action plans to mitigate those risks
- Support quarterly business activities and development of executive materials (memos, sales kickoff slides, business reviews, and executive presentations)
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3~4 years of experience in analytical roles (e.g., Consulting, Business Operations, Sales Operations, etc.)
- Kind and collaborative orientation who is energized by working with a lot of different types of people from many teams (sense of humor is a big plus)
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and sense of ownership
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills and ability to lead discussions
- Ability to effectively prioritize and single-handedly manage multiple projects on a tight deadline
- Comfortable with ambiguity and enthusiastic about improving efficiencies to increase sales
- Deep comfort with data tools (e.g., Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau, BigQuery) and/or willingness to expand skill set to tackle new problems
- Fully fluent in English
An ideal candidate also has:
- Insatiable drive and commitment to personal growth
- Ability to build strong relationships with executives (EVP of Sales, Sales VPs, Sales Directors) and cross-functional partners
- High level of intellectual curiosity and honesty because we love to debate ideas. Losing a debate to a good argument is as exciting as winning one with a good argument
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.
Something looks off?