Director of Digital Marketing & Demand Generation (Enterprise SaaS experience only; Remote OK)
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
About Safari AI
Safari AI's computer vision AI technology enable its enterprise clients to auto-measure the most important physical activity in their operations using the client's own IP cameras. For example, Safari AI provides live wait times and throughput for Legoland, measures drive-thru donations at Goodwill, and provides pedestrian counts to Taco Bell/Yum Brands.
Safari AI is venture funded by General Catalyst and Initialized Capital and has raised $13mm to date.
Leadership & Culture
Safari AI is founded by a former Y Combinator founder with a meaningful exit under his belt. The company has operated as a distributed team since its founding in 2018 with team members living throughout North America and hub offices and most of the staff in NYC, DC, and Vancouver.
About the Role: Director of Digital Marketing
This role will report to the CEO and be responsible for driving new business to the Sales team using a variety of existing digital channels and assets. The Company already has a meaningful ads and marketing budget to commit this position. You would be the first marketing hire at the company and will be expected to show meaningful results in the first 6 months before being allocated additional headcount.
About You And How You Succeed At curbFlow
You're excited about and have experience marketing enterprise SaaS in a wide open market with little competition and no heavyweights. You have a bias toward action when you are stuck but are not afraid to ask for help when you need to. You're eager to test new ways of doing things and can take advantage of the freedom an early stage startup can afford you. You are eager to engage not only with the engineering side of the team, but with the clients and users on a daily basis.
What you'll be working on a weekly basis
- Manage our Google Ads campaigns and spend with the help of an external consultant
- Optimize and A/B test landing pages for conversion
- Initiate and manage SEO initiatives that will drive organic traffic and save money from SEM
- Manage social media and public-facing assets such as the company website, LinkedIn, Angellist, Vimeo, Glassdoor, Blog posts, etc.
- Develop and iterate digital marketing assets: collateral, demo's, newsletter, distribution lists, more.
- Use CRM as a more effective marketing channel
- Support Founder and Sales team with industry conference selections, attendance, follow-up and ROI analyses
Requirement for the Role
- At least 4 years experience in digital marketing for an enterprise SaaS early or mid-stage startup, preferably most recently in a leadership role
- Ability to translate marketing strategy into monthly/quarterly tactical plans for the team to execute
- Ability to demonstrate ROI gains of initiatives, especially those that require meaningful budget
- Experience A/B testing and applying learnings from their results
- Demonstrated track record of recruiting reliable and high-quality contractors and vendors
- Track record of managing and efficiently meaningful marketing budgets
The Director of Digital Marketing will be an management-level role at the company and report directly to the Founder & CEO.
Why bet on Computer Vision and curbFlow?
1. Huge industry hiding in plain sight: auto-measuring physical activity at scale
2. Large chasm between customer knowledge and market availability, i.e. customers don't know what is available in the market
3. No clear leader; everyone is small and unbranded (i.e. no Amazon or Google in the room to compete with)
4. The tech is very modular, allowing curbFlow and its customers to invent whole new use cases on a regular basis
5. Safari AI has developed the tech and data pipelines over three years and invested several million dollars and is now ready to scale
6. Safari AI is already emerging as the market leader in auto-measuring with CV by working with customers like Merlin Entertainments, Taco Bell/Yum!, Goodwill, JBG Smith, City of Washington DC and Brightline to name a few.