VP, Product Marketing
Posit (formerly RStudio) creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open source data science platform, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means.
We’re a fast growing company with a goal of making a lasting and meaningful contribution in the world. Our mission is to provide the most widely used open source software and enterprise-ready professional products for data science and technical communication. Our tools further the cause of equipping everyone, regardless of economic means, to participate in a global economy that increasingly rewards data literacy.
With millions of open source users and thousands of commercial customers, we are now hiring a Product Marketing leader to help us tell our story and to drive our growth as we build a 100-year company.
What you’ll own:
- Build the Product Marketing function to help drive growth in the market where we already serve thousands of customers globally across major verticals such as Pharma/Life Sciences, Healthcare, Finance, Banking, Insurance, and Government/Public Sector.
- 1,900+ enterprise customers, many in partnership with Databricks, Snowflake, AWS, and other cloud platforms, including 57 of the Fortune 100.
- 10,000+ cloud customers.
- Develop and own product positioning, messaging and value propositions that differentiate Posit solutions in the marketplace.
- Drive awareness, adoption, and excitement of Posit’s “code first”, and “open source” approach to solving some of the most challenging problems facing businesses looking for cutting edge solutions to their advanced analytics and machine learning needs. Accomplish that by helping foster and empower a community of data scientists / analysts and developers to adopt these tools from those who would only use the open source, through those who want to leverage these tools in production, at scale on our commercial offerings.
- Lead market research and analysis to understand evolving trends, the competitive landscape, and customer needs. Help channel these insights to guide our product and marketing strategies, ensuring we develop and offer solutions that truly resonate with our customers , effectively addressing their challenges and contributing to their success.
- Define team’s strategy, budget, hiring, goals, and KPIS to build and measure team results.
- Build and lead a high-performing team, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
What you’ll assist with:
- Drive Pricing strategy in close collaboration with Finance, Sales and Product.
- You'll work with the go-to-market teams to help expand awareness through clear positioning, and supporting pipeline generation, ultimately growing the number of customers that love and use our product daily. You’ll drive a deeper understanding of how we’re performing in our target segments and how positioning, messaging, segmentation, and enablement content is impacting the success of our marketing and sales teams, measured primarily by improvements in target segment win rates, deal cycle time, and average deal sizes.
What you’ll teach:
- Empower the sales, marketing, and partner teams with effective tools, resources, and narratives that enable them to engage prospects and customers more effectively. This involves creating comprehensive enablement content that successfully communicates the value and capabilities of our products and solutions.
- Experience with launching and managing the lifecycle of a B2B software product suite
- Experience with running B2B product marketing for an on-premise and cloud-integrated offerings
- Experience in marketing products in analytics, BI, or data infrastructure a plus
- Experience with Open Source software, and/or the developer tools space a plus
- Proven history of building high and managing high performance teams
- Humble and kind
- Excited about Posit’s mission
- Motivated by helping make science more impactful by increasing reproducibility and better sharing and collaboration
- A strategic problem solver with an eye for the big picture but not shy about rolling up your sleeves and digging into the detail
Working at Posit:
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at Posit.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- Posit is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means our open-source mission is codified into our charter. As a result, our corporate decisions balance the community's interests, customers, employees, and shareholders. Hear more about why we think this matters here.
We offer competitive compensation with extensive human-first, people-focused benefits to prioritize your personal and financial well-being.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums are covered for employees and their families! Fertility and gender-affirming healthcare is included in all of our plans.
- Supplemental mental health and wellness benefits are available via Ginger even if you don’t opt in to our insurance plans, including Ginger for teen family members.
- Posit's gender-neutral paid parental leave policy covers all new parents, including foster and adoptive parents.
- All full-time employees are eligible for 401k enrollment starting on day one.
- After six months of employment, Posit provides a substantial yearly match to employee 401K contributions.
- An annual profit-sharing bonus for employees recognizes our team’s contributions to company performance across the year.
- We are a 100% distributed team. You are also welcome to come into our Boston office.
- We offer a $400 monthly reimbursement for coworking space rental if you prefer to work away from home.
- Our Lifestyle Savings Account offers an initial deposit of $1800 and then an additional quarterly stipend of $375 to cover the costs of professional development, wellness, financial health, charitable giving, and remote work support.
- We provide a flexible environment with a generous vacation policy that encourages a minimum of four weeks PTO per year plus 13 paid company holidays.
Are you excited about this role but not sure if your experience aligns with every qualification in the job description? That’s okay. We know multiple perspectives are essential for a thriving organization and we'd still love to hear from you!
Posit is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Posit Software, PBC participates in the federal E-Verify program, which confirms employment authorization of newly hired U.S. based employees. E-Verify is not used as a tool to pre-screen candidates and is only initiated upon hire.
E-Verify Participation Notice (English/Spanish)
Right to Work Notice (English/Spanish)