Customer Success Associate, Scaled
Posit creates great software that helps people understand data and make better decisions in real-world applications. Our core offering is an open source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. We are looking to hire a Customer Success Associate to join our team.
You will be joining a powerhouse team of passionate Customer Success professionals who manage accounts in high, medium, and low touch segments. We operate with scientific mindsets, and strive to make personal and team-level efficiencies that keep the customer at the center of what we do. We pride ourselves in maintaining open lines of communication alongside creative solutions that curate stellar customer experiences.
What you’ll own:
- Retains ACV, grows ACV, and reduces churn within one’s book of business.
- Manages a varied portfolio of accounts in established segments, spanning from tech touch to high touch customers.
- Personally curates a stellar customer experience with Posit. This begins with collaborative onboarding, CS-driven business reviews, and CS-owned renewals.
- Ability to change account management approaches for tech touch (queue) as well as high touch, key accounts.
- Maintains accurate account records within relevant tools and systems.
- Serves as the voice of the customer to inform our sales process and product roadmap.
- Marshals resources across the Posit organization as needed to escalate customer issues, support customers’ needs, and to foster adoption.
- Educates users and decision-makers on Posit products.
- Communicates regularly with customers about their adoption trends, sentiment, and opportunities for deeper engagement.
- Finally, because of Posit’s position within the R community, you’ll contribute to, and be a champion of R, open-source data science, and our wider community of users worldwide.
What you'll assist with:
- Genuinely positions themselves as a partner, consultant, and advocate for their customers; constantly asking questions that help businesses get the most value out of Posit products.
- Collaborates with sales for important handoffs related to onboarding and expansions.
- Collaborates with Solutions Engineering to ensure every account has the technical information and guidance they need for proper implementation and continued success with Posit pro products.
- Collaborates with Posit’s Support team if a ticket is escalated.
What you'll learn:
- Familiarity with tools such as Salesforce, Confluence, Outreach, Gong, and Google Suite.
- Experience and comfort leading live Zoom calls with customers.
- Proven ability to manage a territory or book of business, establishing a method of prioritization.
- An established awareness of data science, the companies that rely on data, and how Posit products help teams achieve their goals.
- Awareness of – even ability to work in– R and/or Python.
- Previous experience managing renewals, including sending quotes to customers.
- Comfortable managing several accounts at once, each varying in size, complexity, and priority.
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- Possess the ability to explain Posit’s mission as a company, including the importance of the virtuous cycle and our B Corp status.
- Possess the ability to describe the Posit organization, including where Customer Success lies within our ecosystem.
- Become an instant part of our team by attending whole-team meetings that are a regular part of your work life moving forward.
- Meet regularly with your manager, quickly establishing a success plan and addressing any personal needs.
- Begin collaboration efforts by meeting your direct team, shadowing calls with other members of Customer Success, and joining calls with Sales, Solutions Engineering, and Support.
- Secure your understanding and alignment to the LAER customer lifecycle and the important role it plays in retention efforts.
- Develop a baseline understanding of the Posit pro products, the function of data science, and how our products help teams achieve their goals.
- Meet with other team members and stakeholders in Sales, Solution Engineering and Technical Support to understand the customer lifecycle.
- Develop a good understanding of the existing CS playbooks and processes.
- Learn about our software and skills necessary to set you up for success.
- Introduce yourself via email to the key accounts in your book of business.
- Begin work with tech touch customers requesting reactive, short-term assistance.
- Begin the account transition process for key accounts.
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Be fully transitioned into all of the accounts in your book of business, including the shared queue system in Jira.
- Understand the Posit pro products well enough that you feel comfortable asking questions about business objectives and drawing connections to Posit products and features that help a team accomplish those goals.
- Possess the ability to articulate the important role you play within the scaled segment of Posit, including the process for collaboration and handoffs.
- Continue developing skills in relevant tools and systems, such as Google Suite, Salesforce, Gong, Outreach, and Jira.
- Complete the necessary steps in the renewal process with ever-increasing autonomy.
- Schedule at least 50% of the required business review calls with key accounts in your book of business, with calls maximizing time and asking lots of detailed questions to better understand use case, architecture, future needs, and, most importantly, business objectives.
- Meet regularly with your peers, manager, and prospective customers to become an expert on the value of our products, talk track and the Posit customer experience.
- Have a solid understanding of the expansion process, starting with how CS scopes for it and leads initial discovery to completing a handoff to sales for their full discovery work.
- Access to and ability to read/follow relevant dashboards and reports that show progress to quarterly revenue goals at the company, team, and personal level.
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Expert in scaled segment processes, tools, and workflows.
- Successfully execute every step of the onboarding process in 100% of net new business that comes into your book.
- Schedule 100% of the required business review calls with key accounts in your book of business.
- Refine your use of questions and active listening on customer calls to uncover deeper, unspoken needs and to identify needs for expansion, new products, or cross-sell.
- Be a known and active collaborator with all members of Sales who align with you on accounts. Trusted relationships should be established with little to no friction points or misalignment in the handoff process.
- Actively contribute to a quarterly on-time renewal rate of 85% or higher.
- Fully independent in leading accounts through the entire renewal process.
- Possesses the ability to articulate the role partners, cloud partners, resellers, and full service partners play in ensuring Posit is a delight to work with.
- Personal performance records show you are on track to meeting established quotas.
- Record-keeping remains stellar, with few/no missing elements on key opportunities within your book of business.
- An expert with our internal tools, systems, workflows, and processes.
- The ability to respond accurately and quickly to reactive work that comes into the queue via Jira.
Within 12 months, you’ll…
- Emerging as a leader within the Customer Success team through cross-functional collaboration, adherence to process/policy, and creative approaches to making Posit a delight to work with.
- Customers in key accounts know you by name because you have established yourself as an honest, trustworthy, and transparent advocate and consultant for all things Posit.
- Able to see the bigger picture of role, identifying time thieves, inefficiencies, or areas of improvement which you collaborate on with your manager.
- Actively contribute to a quarterly on-time renewal rate of 90% or higher.
- Willing to share your now-established best practices or processes with others in a way that is organically helpful and relevant.
- Maintain a natural curiosity and willingness to learn, participating in our ever-evolving products and position within the data science, R, and Python communities.
Working at Posit:
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and attempt to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at Posit.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: We have over 50% of our engineering dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- Posit is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means our open-source mission is codified into our charter. As a result, our corporate decisions balance the community's interests, customers, employees, and shareholders. Hear more about why we think this matters here.
We offer competitive compensation with extensive human-first, people-focused benefits to prioritize your personal and financial well-being.
- 100% of medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums are covered for employees and their families! Fertility and gender-affirming healthcare is included in all of our plans.
- Supplemental mental health and wellness benefits are available via Ginger even if you don’t opt in to our insurance plans, including Ginger for teen family members.
- Posit's gender-neutral paid parental leave policy covers all new parents, including foster and adoptive parents.
- All full-time employees are eligible for 401k enrollment starting on day one.
- After six months of employment, Posit provides a substantial yearly match to employee 401K contributions.
- An annual profit-sharing bonus for employees recognizes our team’s contributions to company performance across the year.
- We are a 100% distributed team. You are also welcome to come into our Boston office.
- We offer a $400 monthly reimbursement for coworking space rental if you prefer to work away from home.
- Our Lifestyle Savings Account offers an initial deposit of $1800 and then an additional quarterly stipend of $375 to cover the costs of professional development, wellness, financial health, charitable giving, and remote work support.
- We provide a flexible environment with a generous vacation policy that encourages a minimum of four weeks PTO per year plus 13 paid company holidays.
Are you excited about this role but not sure if your experience aligns with every qualification in the job description? That’s okay. We know multiple perspectives are essential for a thriving organization and we'd still love to hear from you!
Posit is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Posit Software, PBC participates in the federal E-Verify program, which confirms employment authorization of newly hired U.S. based employees. E-Verify is not used as a tool to pre-screen candidates and is only initiated upon hire.
E-Verify Participation Notice (English/Spanish)
Right to Work Notice (English/Spanish)