Business Systems Developer - Contract
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Resilience is the next-generation cyber risk company that’s on a mission to help make the world cyber resilient.
Founded in 2016 by experts from across the highest tiers of the US military and intelligence communities, augmented by prominent leaders and innovators from the insurance and technology industries, the privately-held firm is rewriting the rules of how cyber risk is assessed and managed for middle to large market enterprises. Rooted in decades of experience, Resilience helps financial, risk, and information security leaders continuously improve their organizations' cyber resilience by connecting cyber insurance coverage with advanced cybersecurity visibility and a shared plan to reinforce actionable cyber hygiene.
Resilience is proud to be backed by leading technology investment firms including General Catalyst, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Intact Ventures, Founders Fund, CRV, and Shield Capital. With headquarters in San Francisco, Resilience’s team is globally dispersed, with offices in New York, Chicago, Baltimore, Toronto, and London. Resilience offers insurance coverage through its licensed and appointed insurance agency and security services through its expert security team.
In this role, you will be a key architect of innovation within Resilience, by bridging the gap between technology and business, driving the scalability of the business. As a problem solver and creative thinker, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of various stakeholders and translating these into actionable, technology-driven solutions.
- Track stakeholder needs and identify areas to improve.
- Provide potential solutions, optimizations, and automations to solve business problems.
- Determine when to use existing software and when to perform custom development, based on costs, staffing / institutional knowledge, and time to market.
- Integrate existing systems and new systems to provide a cohesive user experience.
- Clear key roadblocks that impact scalability and growth of the company.
- Use technical expertise to evaluate and de-risk new business opportunities.
- Experience in one or more of these key domains: insurance policy administration and/or risk management, or financial data reporting or invoicing systems; business intelligence systems, CRMs, and/or HRIS systems; cyber threat intelligence collection and analysis
- Experience with HubSpot CRM, Sage Intacct, Snowflake DB, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, or other common data management systems.
- Experience with SaaS software and APIs for business data management and process automation.
- Experience making simple Web GUIs to simplify common processes for end users.
- Engaging with stakeholders to prototype, implement, and scale MVP solutions for daily challenges.
- Experience in cross-functional business and technical roles.
- Expertise in Python, Java, Ruby, Unix Scripting, and/or other business programming languages.
- Experience performing incremental roll-outs of system changes and updates in a backward-compatible fashion.
- BA/BS or higher degree in computer science, IT, engineering, finance, actuarial science, math, or similar degree or equivalent experience.
What Resilience Offers You
Innovative company culture
Flexible work schedules
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
Accommodations and Accessibility
We want to ensure you're able to perform as well as possible in your interview. As part of that, if you have any accessibility-related needs to ensure a comfortable visit, please let us know. We'll do our best to provide reasonable accommodations to suit your working style during your interview and if you join our team.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org.