Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2023
Resilience is the next-generation cyber risk company that’s on a mission to help make the world cyber resilient.
Founded in 2016 by experts from across the highest tiers of the US military and intelligence communities, augmented by prominent leaders and innovators from the insurance and technology industries, the privately-held firm is rewriting the rules of how cyber risk is assessed and managed for middle to large market enterprises. Rooted in decades of experience, Resilience helps financial, risk, and information security leaders continuously improve their organizations' cyber resilience by connecting cyber insurance coverage with advanced cybersecurity visibility and a shared plan to reinforce actionable cyber hygiene.
Resilience is proud to be backed by leading technology investment firms including General Catalyst, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Intact Ventures, Founders Fund, CRV, and Shield Capital. With headquarters in San Francisco, Resilience’s team is globally dispersed, with offices in New York, Chicago, Baltimore, Toronto, and London. Resilience offers insurance coverage through its licensed and appointed insurance agency and security services through its expert security team.
This role provides visual design to the full range of marketing and communication messaging across all channels. We are educating organizations on the changing threat landscape and the value of our unique combination of predictive technology, security expertise, insurance products, SAAS, and advisory services.
This is an exciting time to join a fast-paced and rapidly growing startup backed by some of the top VCs in the industry (General Catalyst, Lightspeed Ventures, Founders Fund, etc), as we double down on our offering. This opportunity is well-suited for the designer with an interest in how users can leverage data, how AI can solve business problems, and the creation of new products from concept to delivery.
Who you are
We’re looking for a visual designer who loves the art of visual storytelling and is passionate about the creative process. You seek out and explore innovative ways to convey complex information through design principles and have a passion for effective communication, serving as a strong advocate for our customers. You’re excited to join a growing brand team and are invested in building a trusting and positive team culture. You're a proactive problem-solver and can navigate diverse roles and responsibilities.
You will be part of a design team partnering with branding, marketing, communications, content, and subject-matter domain experts, helping articulate Resilience’s mission, values, and products. Given we are a high-growth mid-stage startup without big company silos, you have to be comfortable working with and participating in our broader marketing activities. You can work with the agility and evolution of a startup where we are always figuring things out.
What you’ll be doing
Collaborating with the VP of Design and the Director of Design, your primary focus will be creating visual design materials for Resilience. This includes cyber insurance, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence (AI), and various other cutting-edge technology solutions. As part of this, you'll be working to scale and refine our design system library.
This position is a hybrid position located in one of the following locations: Chicago, DC / Baltimore Metro, Los Angeles, New York City, San Diego, or San Francisco
- Design and produce a broad range of creative deliverables, including digital advertising, social media, email marketing, PPT presentation slides, illustrative infographics, digital UI, wireframes, mockups, and print collateral/brochures, and long-form thought leadership content.
- Actively participate in creative team sessions on storytelling, campaign brainstorms, and strategic planning.
- Monitor brand consistency across all creative and graphic materials, maintaining existing brand standards and further developing the organizational brand identity.
- Knowledge of printing techniques and ability to handle prepress file preparation.
- Conceptualize and coordinate unified materials within the context of a larger campaign or experience.
- Meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- BA in Visual Arts, Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, or an equivalent combination of training and design experience is required.
- 3- 4 years of professional experience in the field of graphic design.
- Advanced proficiency with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), and Google Suite (Docs, Slides, and Sheets).
- Advanced ability to design and format content with a focus on layout, typography, and color.
- Articulate and confidently present creative ideas to internal teams.
- Experience with multitasking while being extremely organized, productive, timely, and reliable.
- Synthesize constructive feedback into designs while still maintaining a strong, cohesive vision.
- Previous experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working independently on projects from initial stages to completion
- Experience with Data Visualization - including infographics and data-based journalism - is a plus.
- Motion design proficiency and storytelling is a plus.
What Resilience Offers You
Innovative company culture
Flexible work schedules
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
Accommodations and Accessibility
We want to ensure you're able to perform as well as possible in your interview. As part of that, if you have any accessibility-related needs to ensure a comfortable visit, please let us know. We'll do our best to provide reasonable accommodations to suit your working style during your interview and if you join our team.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org.