At Render we are building a powerful, easy-to-use cloud platform to host anything online: from simple static sites to complex applications with dozens of microservices. Render offers the flexibility of traditional cloud providers without their complexity and maintenance headaches so developers and businesses can focus on building products instead of managing servers.
We're a talented and diverse group solving a problem faced by every development team. We iterate quickly while placing the utmost importance on user experience, quality, and reliability. We push ourselves to do better every day. With tens of thousands of customers and rapidly increasing revenue, we're onto something big.
Applying to Render
We're looking for candidates with high integrity, low ego, and an insatiable drive to learn. We use reasoned discussion and constant feedback to improve as individuals and as a company. We cultivate mutual trust and respect, empowering us to debate ideas effectively and create the best outcomes for our customers and team.
We especially encourage members of underrepresented groups in the tech community to apply and understand that not all successful candidates will meet each requirement listed.
Our interview process is unique to each role, and we value the candidate experience just as much as our customer experience. We hope your conversations with us reflect a thoughtful process that is illuminative, enjoyable, and respectful of your time.
About the role:
- Partner with Leadership to set product vision and strategy for making Render's core platform a world-class development experience.
- Steward the evolution of Render's core platform, balancing the needs of our various customer segments with the long-term vision for Render when making decisions about new features to introduce.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Design, Marketing, and Developer Relations to define and execute on new features for our developer audience.
- Partner closely with Marketing and Leadership on pricing and packaging decisions for new compute and database offerings as well as core developer experience features.
- Be the voice of the developer at Render and advocate for a cohesive, delightful developer experience throughout the org.
- This role is based in San Francisco Bay Area, preferred, but we are also open to remote employment in the United States.
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of experience in a Product Management role, with most of that time working on developer tools or similar at a product-led growth company.
- A love of high-quality, well-crafted user experiences and strong intuition for developer tools.
- Ability to balance user insights and data with creativity and intuition to identify novel but simple solutions to problems.
- Exceptional communication skills across writing and conversation.
- Demonstrated track record in tackling ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear outcomes.
Nice to have but not required:
- Experience as a PM or developer building and operating a platform.
- A passion for collaborating and building developer communities.
- A technical background or professional experience as a developer.
Some projects you might work on:
- Identifying and building new compute offerings (e.g., edge functions, object storage, databases, GPUs, etc.).
- Improving our support for native environments.
- Designing and launching a best-in-class CLI that's tightly integrated with Render's dashboard and API.
- Partnering with Leadership to develop and launch Render's developer ecosystem.
- Collaborating with Developer Relations and Marketing to learn more about our customers and their evolving needs and sharing this knowledge within the organization.
- Our openings span more than one career level. The starting salary for this role is between $160,000 and $230,000 USD. The provided salary depends on many factors, such as work experience and transferable skills, business needs and impact, and market demands.
- The opportunity is also eligible for equity with early exercise options and extended exercise windows.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation, available from day one.
- 14 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child. We will also work with you to create a supportive plan of return.
- Long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K plans.
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage and 99% employer-paid dental and vision coverage for you and a dependent. FSAs available as well.
- Monthly lifestyle stipend for wellness, mental heath and therapy, hobbies, etc.
- Monthly cell phone and internet subsidy.
- Commuter benefits for Renders in the Bay Area, and home office stipends for remote Renders.
- Continuous learning benefits & related support.
Render is an equal opportunity employer. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product, and our community to flourish. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional, and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We encourage all who are interested to apply. We can't wait to hear from you!