Executive Operations Partner
At Render we are building a powerful, easy-to-use cloud platform to host anything online: from simple static sites to complex applications with dozens of microservices. Render offers the flexibility of traditional cloud providers without their complexity and maintenance headaches so developers and businesses can focus on building products instead of managing servers.
We're a talented and diverse group solving a problem faced by every development team. We iterate quickly while placing the utmost importance on user experience, quality, and reliability. We push ourselves to do better every day. With over half a million customers and rapidly increasing revenue, we're on to something big.
Applying to Render:
We're looking for candidates with high integrity, low ego, and an insatiable drive to learn. We use reasoned discussion and constant feedback to improve as individuals and as a company. We cultivate mutual trust and respect, empowering us to debate ideas effectively and create the best outcomes for our customers and our team.
We especially encourage members of underrepresented groups in the tech community to apply and understand that not all successful candidates will meet each requirement listed.
Our interview process is unique to each role, and we value the candidate experience just as much as our customer experience. We hope your conversations with us reflect a thoughtful process that is illuminative, enjoyable, and respectful of your time.
About the role:
Render is looking for our first Executive Operations hire. As a deep partner to our leadership team, you'll work closely with our CEO to support all aspects of day-to-day administrative needs and executive team operations.
As the first in role, you'll play a pivotal role in shaping the executive support function and administrative processes. The ideal candidate is a highly organized, resourceful, and detail-oriented individual with exceptional communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
We are considering candidates to work out of our San Francisco HQ.
- Act as the first point of contact between the CEO and internal and external stakeholders, both via email and in-person
- Proactively own and manage complex calendars, organize and coordinate meetings and appointments, track key meeting notes, and manage subsequent action items
- Develop a strong sense of how to best optimize the CEO's time, based on your thorough understanding of the company's highest priorities
- Prepare and edit correspondence, presentations, and other documents on behalf of the Executive team
- Act as a Project Manager for some Executive team projects; keeping tasks organized, tracking deliverables, creating space for work, and holding team members accountable
- Manage CEO's inbox and draft some emails on their behalf
- Be a source of feedback for the CEO based on your observations and insights from relationships you've built across the team
- Be flexible enough to take on other impactful projects that arise on occasion (we are a startup, after all!)
We're looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years of experience supporting an Executive at a growing tech company (startup experience is a nice-to-have)
- Can operate with a very high level of independence
- Has strong judgment and decision-making skills. For example, the ability to utilize business context to independently determine how to allocate the CEO's time
- Is exceptionally organized, and has strong attention to detail
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has the highest level of discretion, and is able to handle confidential information with care and confidence
- Will establish deep relationships with key stakeholders and throughout the organization
- Is comfortable pushing back on requests, when appropriate, to enable the Executive Team to remain focused on the most critical priorities
- Is proficient in calendaring, communication, and document management tools (we use G-Suite, Slack, Slab, Zoom)
- Prior experience as a first-in-role Executive Operations or Executive Assistant
- Prior experience in a highly technical startup environment
Benefits we offer:
- Our openings span more than one career level. The starting salary for this role is between $125,000 and $150,000 USD. The provided salary depends on many factors, such as work experience and transferable skills, business needs and impact, and market demands.
- The opportunity is also eligible for equity with early exercise options and extended exercise windows.
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child, plus an additional 5 days off during your first few weeks back. We will work with you to create a supportive plan of return.
- Long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K plans.
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage and 99% employer-paid dental and vision coverage for you and a dependent. FSAs available too.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly mental health stipend
- Monthly commuter stipend for Bay Area employees, and a home office stipend for remote employees
- Continuous learning benefits & related support.
Render is an equal-opportunity employer. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product, and our community to flourish. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional, and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We encourage all who are interested to apply. We can't wait to hear from you!