Workplace Experience Manager
At Render, we are building a powerful, easy-to-use cloud platform to host anything online: from simple static sites to complex applications with dozens of microservices. Render offers the flexibility of traditional cloud providers without their complexity and maintenance headaches, so developers and businesses can focus on building products instead of managing servers.
We're a talented an diverse group solving a problem faced by every development team. We iterate quickly while placing the utmost importance on user experience, quality, and reliability. We push ourselves to do better every day. With tens of thousands of customers and rapidly increasing revenue, we're on to something big.
Applying to Render:
We're looking for candidates with high integrity, low ego, and an insatiable drive to learn. We use reasoned discussion and constant feedback to improve as individuals and as a company. We cultivate mutual trust and respect, empowering us to debate ideas effectively and create the best outcomes for our customers and our team.
We especially encourage members of underrepresented groups in the tech community to apply.
Our interview process is unique to each role, and we value the candidate experience just as much as our customer experience. We hope your conversations with us reflect a thoughtful process that is illuminative, enjoyable, and respectful of your time.
About the role:
Render is looking for our first Workplace Experience Manager. As a distributed team, about half of Renders work regularly from our San Francisco SOMA office, and half work from home. As our Workplace Experience Manager, you'll be responsible for creating a productive, collaborative and delightful work environment for all Renders! This includes managing all aspects of our San Francisco office, helping remote Renders get set up in their home office, organizing onsite get-togethers at least twice yearly, and leading the charge on Render's social events (both in-person and virtual).
Initially reporting to our People Operations Manager, we're looking for someone who has the experience to independently own our office and event programs, and is also excited to roll up their sleeves every day to make Render a great place to work (our team is super happy to lend a hand, but yes, unloading the dishwasher and stocking the bathrooms is a part of the job).
Render is striving to build an environment where great people, from all backgrounds, want to join and stay to grow their career over the long-term, and this role can make a huge impact. If you're passionate about creating a stellar employee experience, we'd love to hear from you!
This role is onsite five days per week in our San Francisco SOMA office.
As a Workplace Experience Manager at Render, you will:
- Ensure that Render's office is ready for Renders and guests each day. This includes:
- Answering the door, greeting guests and receiving deliveries
- Ensuring that the office is organized, stocked and ready for the day
- Managing relationships with building engineers, janitorial staff and service providers to maintain all equipment and facilities
- Manage our food program. This involves:
- Owning vendor relationships and managing inventory for snack & beverage offerings, lunch catering, and event catering
- Keeping the quality high and consistently evaluate opportunities for improvement (though, we love our lunch program right now!)
- Identify continuous ways to improve our office environment and processes. Projects could include:
- Building out a comfortable, functional, and inviting lactation room
- Collaborating with IT to improve technology in meeting rooms, training employees on usage, and troubleshooting basic issues
- Provide administrative support for Render's new hire onboarding program. Responsibilities include:
- Scheduling onboarding sessions, mailing or setting up new hire equipment and swag, enrolling new hires in relevant systems and tools
- Proactively surfacing opportunities to improve and streamline our onboarding processes
- In partnership with the People team and leadership, bring all Renders together at least twice yearly. Your role will include:
- Planning and executing all logistics for full-company onsite weeks (hotel booking, event planning, office setup)
- Spearheading activities and initiatives to encourage Renders to make the most of their time together
- Plan and promote social events, both in-person and virtual, on a monthly cadence to keep us all close as a team. Let your creativity run wild!
You'll be great in this role if you:
- Are passionate about bringing people together and fostering a comfortable, engaging and inclusive environment for all those around you.
- Have 3+ years of experience as a workplace experience manager, office manager, or similar
- Have event planning experience
- Have experience working in a growing tech company
- Believe that attention to detail is critical in producing a high-quality experience
- Are able to multitask in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- As a member of Render's small-but-mighty People Team, you're willing to flex and support other needs that impact our team
- Our openings span more than one career level. The starting salary for this role is between $90,000 - $110,000 USD. The provided salary depends on many factors, such as work experience and transferable skills, business needs and impact, and market demands.
- The opportunity is also eligible for equity with early exercise options and extended exercise windows.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation, available from day one.
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child. We will also work with you to create a supportive plan of return.
- Long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K plans.
- 100% employer-paid medical coverage and 99% employer-paid dental and vision coverage for you and a dependent. FSAs available too.
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly mental health stipend
- Monthly commuter stipend for Bay Area employees, and a home office stipend for remote employees
- Continuous learning benefits & related support.
Render is an equal opportunity employer. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our product, and our community to flourish. We make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional, and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
We will ensure that individuals with all abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We encourage all who are interested to apply. We can't wait to hear from you!
Something looks off?