Senior Manager, Mobility
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Manager, Mobility, joining our EOR Operations team.
In this role, you will manage a high-volume operational team directly impacting how our customer’s employees are onboarded into Remote. This role is for you if you have extensive experience in high-volume operational work in the immigration space, find great satisfaction in developing people and love helping them find scalable solutions to operational problems.
What this job can offer you
- Possess exceptional leadership and team-building skills, with a demonstrated ability to recruit, select, and onboard top-tier talent.
- Independently drive team objectives, investing time in developing team members for improved performance and knowledge expansion.
- Provide ongoing support and constructive coaching to enhance employee effectiveness.
- Create short- and long-term strategies aligning with the Mobility Operations team’s vision and goals, establishing targets and timelines.
- Regularly report to senior management on metrics, targets, and project alignment.
- Review and manage team budgets effectively.
- Oversee the development of processes and procedures for efficient immigration and visa application processing and monitoring.
- Manage the projects for new service offerings and organize training materials for cross-functional use.
- Utilize diverse data sources to analyze and resolve complex issues.
- Possess advanced knowledge within the professional domain and a foundational understanding across all operational domains.
- Lead projects, delegate tasks, guide team members, and act as a go-to resource for the Mobility team.
- Maintain regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders, strengthening relationships through formal and informal interactions.
- Recognize group dynamics and modify communication styles for diverse situations and audiences.
- Understand stakeholders' current and future needs, customizing services to address them effectively.
- Proactively identify new ideas and opportunities within the immigration landscape to enhance productivity.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for learning new tools and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- View difficult situations and problems as opportunities for improvement.
What you bring
- 8+ years of management experience: Demonstrated leadership in high-volume operational teams.
- Ability to operate independently and take ownership of team results while fostering a people-first culture.
- Several years of hands-on involvement in immigration compliance, global mobility, or related roles.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Previous exposure to the tech industry or a hyper-growth and scaling environment is highly desirable.
- Fluent in English; additional languages are advantageous.
- Prior experience in remote work environments is a plus.
- You'll report to: Director of Mobility Operations
- Team: Mobility Operations
- Location: EMEA
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
At first glance our salary bands seem quite wide - here is some context. At Remote we have international operations and a globally distributed workforce. We use geo ranges to consider geographic pay differentials as part of our global compensation strategy to remain competitive in various markets while we hiring globally.
The base salary range for this full-time position is 75K USD to 82K USD. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with Director of Mobility Operations
- (async) Small challenge
- (async) Challenge Review
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Prior employment verification check(s)
- (async) Offer
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.
Need help? Email email@example.com