Senior Benefits Manager
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Manager, Benefits Solutions with a strong product focus and data-driven mindset to lead our Benefits team at Remote. This is an incredible opportunity to make a significant impact in the global employment space and contribute to the growth and success of our organization.
- Demonstrates a proven track record of designing and managing high-quality, global benefits plans, bolstered by over 8 years of specialized experience in Benefits.
- Exhibits a customer-centric approach, prioritizing exceptional customer service in all interactions.
- Possesses commercial acumen, evidenced by prior experience in sourcing, negotiating, and managing benefits vendors to secure the most advantageous plans, options, and rates.
- Displays strong product management skills, focusing on identifying and leveraging opportunities to enhance the overall user experience.
- Skilled in people management, with a minimum of 3 years' experience leading a team of benefits specialists.
- Proficient in project management, adept at setting goals, adhering to deadlines, and fostering continuous process improvement.
- Fluent in English, both in writing and speaking, with proficiency in additional languages considered an asset.
- Previous experience in remote work environments is valued, although not mandatory.
- Lead and manage the Benefits Solutions team, ensuring the delivery of high-quality employee benefits plans and services in 80+ countries.
- Develop and implement strategic Benefits initiatives, focusing on the design and execution of innovative retirement plans with a strong product focus.
- Partner with vendors and third-party administrators, negotiating contracts and managing relationships to deliver the best possible Benefits programs.
- Oversee compliance with applicable government regulations and industry standards.
- Analyze existing Benefits programs, evaluating their effectiveness, cost, and competitiveness in the market using data-driven insights.
- Direct the development and implementation of short- and long-range cost estimates, projections, and statistical analyses related to Benefits programs and modifications.
- Forecast industry trends and develop data-driven recommendations for future Benefits plan designs.
- Ensure exceptional customer service support for both internal and external customers, and develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the Benefits package.
- Manage escalations and resolve complex Benefits plan issues.
- Identify opportunities for automation and process improvement within the Benefits team.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Benefits Ops, Product, Engineering, Automation, Payroll, International Operations, Legal, Sales, and Customer Success
- You'll report to: VP, Benefits
- Team: Benefits Solutions
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with VP Benefits
- Interview with Senior Manager Benefits Operations
- Interview with the Benefits Solutions team
- Interview with another VP
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org