Senior Supply Chain Management Specialist
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Supply Chain Management Specialist, joining our Supply Chain Management team 🚛
You will be a member of a small team and become an owner of all things asset inventory, supplier, and logistics in terms of technical hardware at Remote. You'll have autonomy when you want it and support when you need it to build the best supply chains you can across the world, procuring, delivering, warehousing and recovering hardware wherever a new Remoter begins and concludes their journey.
We'll be relying on your experience and insight to guide the formation of this critical arm of the business and build it into something both scalable and flexible enough to become a core part of Remote's ability to grow globally.
What this job can offer you
- A unique opportunity to gain deep and extensive knowledge on building out a world-spanning supplier network and get hardware wherever it needs to go.
- Own orders, equipment recovery / repair, warehousing and the logistics relationships for internal Remoters around the world, focusing on the regions to match your general working hours.
- Build and manage order and asset management programs, analysing costs data and creating and communicating reports with various Remote teams.
- Provide kind, fast and thorough internal customer support
- Manage relationships with service providers of all kinds to keep communications and supply lines running smoothly.
- Work with other teams around Remote to ensure our hardware supply lines for Remoters are world-class, responsive, and suitable for compliancy requirements.
- Working with vendors and IT-engineers to automate procurement with each platform.
What you bring
- Experience in either procurement or account management. We need someone happy to work with vendors and stakeholders of all shapes and sizes to build a global network of suppliers for Remote.
- A first-principles approach to problems and the ability to build from scratch yet thinking about continually improving processes
- An ability to deftly balance priorities, work through ambiguity and set expectations where needed, steadily “getting things done” with good time management.
- An obsession with excellence and building a truly delightful internal product whilst getting to that point iteratively and collaboratively with other Remoters.
- Efficient, personal, and helpful; simplifying and clarifying things whenever possible.
- Happy working in a team but with a huge degree of autonomy and room to excel.
- Motivated and adept at high-level communication: responding thoroughly and quickly to inquiries, documenting and organizing data, tasks, research, and processes.
- Analysing costs data and creating related reporting and communications
- Project management and visual workflow modeling
- Global tax, invoicing, or customs and logistics experience.
- Writes and speaks fluent English, proficiency in other languages is always a plus
- IT or data analyst skills: SQL, Warehouse management systems; API development; Inventory or Financial reporting automation; App development and integration
- You'll report to: Manager, Supply Chain Management
- Team: Supply Chain Management
- Location: LATAM
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with hiring manager
- Interview with Director
- (async) Offer
- Reference emails
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
For U.S. applicants: Across all US locations, the base salary range for this full-time position is $34,550-$116,650. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
We offer a generous benefits package to all full-time employees. Currently in the U.S. this includes: 401(k) plan + employer match, flexible paid time off, paid sick leave in excess of local requirements, parental leave, FSA, HSA, health, dental and vision plans. Click here for more information on our global employee benefits.
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.