QA Team Lead
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
You'll be joining a team of over 200 engineers, spanning across Frontend, Backend, SRE and QA. We're organised into cross-functional development teams assigned to a specific area of our product. You will lead and be part of a small QA team that, together the broader engineering team covers the full quality scope of our products.
We write tests in Cypress, and we use Gitlab for Continuous Integration and Delivery. Together with your team members you will ensure that engineers have the right tools and processes to deliver world-class quality products.
As Team Lead for the QA team, you are responsible for all the work of the QA team, and you are the spokesperson for everyone in the team. You are expected to manage the team dynamics and always bring the best in everyone. A team leader at Remote is not expected to be the best in a team, but rather, help others become the best version there is and gear the team towards optimised execution.
Outside of people management, we expect that you actively work with manual and automated testing as well as advocating for quality across the organization.
What this job can offer you
- Be part of defining and improving the overall QA processes and thus have a direct impact on the organization’s overall quality mindset.
- A lot of freedom to organize your work and life — you are not bound to daily stand ups or other ceremonies.
- A lot of variety in your day-to-day work! You will be working with manual testing as well as writing automated tests. You will also communicate your ideas and advocate for quality across the organization.
- A supportive and kind work environment where we would like you to challenge us to improve the quality of our product, every day!
- Pragmatic and product-focused Engineering culture — read more about our practices and work ethic.
- Competitive salary, stock options, unlimited PTO, a generous learning budget, and a set of other perks and benefits.
What you bring
- Significant experience as a Senior QA Engineer or similar position, preferably with responsibilities across multiple teams or product areas.
- Experience leading a team of at least 2 people for a year
- Solid Expertise in Cypress, Playwright or Selenium
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Focus on efficient processes with a kind, people-first approach
- Knowledge of how to coordinate, plan and prioritize testing activities
- An ability to inspire others and instill confidence
- Ambition and intention of diversity, equality and inclusion
- Direct reports: 3-5 QA Engineers
- You'll report to: Engineering Manager
- Team: Engineering - QA
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
At first glance our salary bands seem quite wide - here is some context. At Remote we have international operations and a globally distributed workforce. We use geo ranges to consider geographic pay differentials as part of our global compensation strategy to remain competitive in various markets while we hiring globally.
The base salary range for this full-time position is $49,750 - $167,950 Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with Hiring Manager
- (async) Code exercise
- (async) Code exercise review
- Interview with the team (you'll get a sense of who you'd be working with)
- Executive Interview with Engineering Director or VP of Engineering
- (async) Offer
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.