Payroll Vendor Relationship Manager
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Vendor Scoping & Research
- Continuous Market research for best fit payroll vendors and new developments, via networking, online searching, surveys and references, in a global capacity.
- Map out key criteria in Disaster Recovery, Change Management, Audit & Reconciliation, Quality Control, Data Security, Data Accuracy, Compliance, Timely Processing and present best options.
- Develop and deploy questionnaires, schedule demo's with key stakeholders and create cost analysis.
- Present to stakeholders on recommendations based on findings and trends
- New Country Expansion
- Project manage end to end for all new country onboarding. From vendor selection, to contract negotiations, mitigate legal risks, stakeholder alignment, system & data migration, testing & comms.
- Payroll Vendor Relations & Performance Evaluation
- Review company best practices to ensure maximum client satisfaction.
- Identify and optimize communication and collaborations with with external partners.
- Work with cross functional teams internally to ensure payroll vendors meet Remote’s expectations and agreed SLAs and established KPIs.
- Cost Tracking & Analysis
- Review Invoices and track billed costs versus agreed contractual terms and report to leadership any anomalies.
- Document and chart out costs for countries or departments. Initiate and follow through on cost discussions either internally or with the vendors.
- Headcount analysis and costs for the payroll organisation, to argue for HC or other efficiencies.
- Communication & Collaboration
- Work closely with internal teams such as Tax, FP&A, Legal, Security, Operations and Onboarding teams to develop successful deployment of new Payroll Solutions.
- Identify key challenges to deployment, share with appropriate internal teams and provide solutions to overcome identified challenges.
- Develop training plan for participants to ensure consumption of resources.
What you bring
- 3+ years of work experience in regional / global payroll operations
- 5+ years of work experience in managing relationships with third party payroll services. Experience as a third party supplier is a plus.
- Experience identifying process or data gaps, root cause and creating/implementing escalation & resolution plans
- Experience in dealing with, forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results
- Excellent contract negotiation skill set.
- Deep understanding of global payroll best practices.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with great attention to detail
- Excellent proficiency in using spreadsheets is a must.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact.
- You understand the need and ideal to work largely asynchronously.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus.
- Required to write and speak fluent English.
- You'll report to: Manager**,** Payroll Vendor Relations
- Direct reports: None
- Team: Global Payroll Solutions
- Location: For this position we welcome everyone to apply, but we will prioritise applications from the following locations as we encourage our teams to diversify; South America, Central America
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
Roughly 3 hours across 6 weeks
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Prior employment verification check
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.