Associate Team Lead, Engineering
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
You'll be joining 150+ engineers across Frontend, Backend, SRE, Data and QA. We're organised into cross-functional development teams assigned to a specific area of our product.
Your team will be working on building tools, APIs and integrations for our platform. Our backend is built with Elixir and Phoenix, with a Postgres database. We use Typescript, React and Nextjs for our front-end. Gitlab is used as version control tool and CI/CD solution. Our applications are hosted on AWS. We fully rely on our CI for deployments and deploy multiple times per day.
As an Associate Team Leader at Remote we expect you to spend around 70% of your time hands on coding, and 30% leading the team. You will work closely with your Engineering Manager who will support you in managing and guiding the team to success.
What this job can offer you
- Leading a distributed team of backend and frontend engineers. You can trust them to take ownership of their daily tasks and challenges as you work closely with the Product Manager and stakeholders on the product roadmap and defining the problems to solve.
- Complex and meaningful challenges — solving them will enable people and businesses to live and operate in any country of the world.
- Opportunity to have a significant impact on the business — we are still very early in our journey as a company, and each change you make today is amplified by the company's growth.
- A lot of freedom to organize your work and life — you are not bound to daily standups or other ceremonies. We expect you to have regular 1:1s with your team members, but you can organize them around your schedule.
- A supportive and kind work environment where you can grow and challenge yourself to do your best work.
- Pragmatic and product-focused Engineering culture — read more about our practices and work ethic.
- Competitive salary, stock options, unlimited PTO, a generous learning budget, and a set of other perks and benefits.
What you bring
- Good understanding of team dynamics, coaching, and mentoring
- Significant experience as an Engineer, which includes building, shipping and maintaining a complex software project
- Experience in dealing with ambiguity, working together with stakeholders on taking abstract concepts and turning them into working software
- Strong ability to work independently and self-guided
- Great communication, project management skills and ability to lead technical discussions
- Curiosity and willingness to learn and develop
- You'll report to: Engineering Manager
- Direct reports: 2-5 Engineers
- Team: Engineering
- Location: Anywhere
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with a hiring manager
- (Async) Code challenge
- (Async) Code review
- Interview with team members
- Executive Interview
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.