Product Manager, Payroll Engine
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
Remote is solving a huge challenge for global organizations: compliantly employing anyone, anywhere. We make it possible for businesses to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works).
We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively - we're scattered around the world working together within a culture of kindness and excellence.
Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
Remote aims to provide customers with instant payroll calculations for their employees. Our goal is to create an experience where a customer can add a payment, click a button, and immediately view and schedule the payment.
In many countries, third-party payroll software is simply not available thats support the level of integration required to provide customers with a real-time payroll experience. To make this possible, we plan to build our own API-first in-house payroll engines.
How we work
We love working async. This means you get to minimize meetings and create your own schedule based on when you're able to do your best work.We empower ownership, proactivity, and default to action. We operate based on treating each other with kindness and support each other as a team.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as our Product Manager for Payroll Engines. You'll have a massive impact on our organisation and help create opportunities for millions of people around the world. This is a unique position where you'll be expected to start up a team, set a mission for your team and topic, work with contractors and internal experts to drive the mission forward autonomously, and deliver on our strategic goal to build an API-first payroll engines in our biggest markets.
What you bring
- Experience as a product manager working on payroll systems and services in a multi-product, high-growth scale-up company preferably with country-specific expertise. (Country: UK, EMEA, US)
- Experience building API products and integrating complex 3rd party systems. Bonus points for payroll APIs and integrations
- Passionate about well-designed products that just work including API products with an amazing developer experience
- Strong understanding of end-to-end payroll processes and HR functions. Hands-on experience with payroll software and systems is preferred
- High proficiency in data manipulation (eg sql, excel, sheets)
- Great judgment-making strategic (what to prioritize) and tactical (feature scope) decisions
- Data-driven product manager with experience setting and tracking goals to achieve results
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills, including across different departments (e.g. operations, business, sales, finance, etc.) to ensure that we are satisfying critical customer, business and operational requirements
- Business-level proficiency writing and speaking English.
What this job can offer you
- Opportunity to build the future of payroll with senior product leaders at Remote
- Lead efforts across engineering, design, and operations to launch high-impact projects
- Ship iterative improvements in a new area of the product
- Work together with engineers and designers to build elegant solutions to complex problems
- Shape and deliver improvements in a focused area of our product
- Help advance key KPIs related to your team’s goals
- Communicate and collaborate internally and externally
- Collaborate with partner teams (e.g. operations) to connect your team’s roadmap to stakeholder needs
- Lead by example on asynchronous workflows and transparency.
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with hiring manager
- Async Product Deep Dive
- Interview with internal stakeholders
- Interview with Director of Product & VP Payroll
- Offer (shared async)
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
- You'll report to: Product Director
- Direct reports: None. This is an individual contributor position.
- Team: Product
- Location: We are location agnostic. However we would like to prioritise candidates in the EMEA region due to the payroll experience required for the position
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.