Senior Procurement Specialist
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
Supply Chain at Relativity Space is responsible for optimizing the end-to-end network of organizations, activities, and resources required to convert materials and hardware into entirely 3D-printed launch vehicles. Being both an internal and external facing function, we closely partner with an extensive number of groups to develop the operational strategies, processes, and tools that are utilized to fulfill end-customer demand for our launch services.
As the Procurement Specialist in Indirect Supply Management, you will work closely with our development and manufacturing engineering stakeholders to manage end-to-end procurement activities for our operations at our Long Beach sites.
What you’ll do:
- Process purchase requests into purchase orders in the ERP system in a timely, efficient manner.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to gather comprehensive procurement requirements and translate into RFx format.
- Manage end-to-end RFx process in partnership with applicable stakeholders to identify top suppliers for a given need, drive competition within a given supply market, and maximize value creation for the procurement activity.
- Negotiate pricing, lead time, terms and conditions, and more, to holistically drive the best outcome for the business.
- Lead end-to-end purchase order management and invoice issue disposition to ensure on-time delivery of product or services and on-time payment of invoices.
- Resolve any and all procurement-related issues that arise during the life cycle of an order.
- Under the lead of Category Managers, own supplier relationships to build strong partnerships and continually deliver more value to Relativity.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Operations Management, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or similar.
- 4+ years of working in a procurement role within a fast-paced manufacturing, supply chain, or engineering function.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applications (i.e., PLM, ERP, MES) and data analysis applications/tools (i.e., MS Excel, SQL, Tableau).
Nice to haves but not required:
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain/Operations Management, or similar.
- Experience vetting terms, conditions, and contracts associated with purchases.
- Demonstrated success negotiating pricing, lead time, contract terms, etc.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace