A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Accounting team at Relativity is responsible for the financial integrity of the entire organization. Our functions include general ledger, analytics, internal controls, accounts payable, payroll, financial reporting, audit, tax and compliance, accounts receivable, credit, and cost accounting. By collecting and maintaining the business’s financial activities in accordance with US GAAP, we can provide accurate and timely financial reports for strategic planning and decision-making purposes to management, investors, and other stakeholders. This empowers the company to make smart business decisions as we pave the way to a multiplanetary future.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and review general ledger journal entries for month-end close
- Prepare and analyze balance sheet reconciliations, including identifying and resolving variances
- Assist in preparation of monthly & annual financial statements
- Produce monthly flux analyses and explain variances
- Assist in year-end audit by providing external auditors with supporting documentation
- Assist in developing internal process improvements, including documenting processes and identifying and developing internal controls
- Train and mentor staff accountants
- Assist with ad hoc duties and special projects, as needed
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience (both public accounting and industry sectors a plus!)
- Strong understanding and knowledge of US GAAP
- Hands-on experience in the financial close process
- Advanced Excel skills (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail and high-level of accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills, strong work ethic & team player
Nice to haves but not required:
- Big 4 / regional firm audit / assurance experience (strongly preferred)
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA), active or inactive
- Fast-growing start-ups and/or manufacturing industry experience – space manufacturing even better!
- Infor LN (previously BAAN) ERP specific experience
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace