Manufacturing Applications Specialist I (2nd Shift)
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Stargate Operations team is responsible for operationalizing multiple technologies within Relativity’s Stargate class cells to help build our Terran R vehicle. We are looking for a Manufacturing Applications Specialist to help drive robot path planning for additive operations and support post additive process machining. This position will be working 2nd shift hours (2 PM – 10:30 PM) with occasional, scheduled overtime which will include weekends.
What you’ll do:
- Generate path planning to support our WAAM processes from inputs from our simulation team.
- Develop machining capabilities on our Stargate robotic systems.
- Be the 1st line of defense to troubleshoot production robotic issues.
- Execute programs and setup for machining and provide guidance on proper operation.
- Run Leica scanners for in process dimensional inspection and robotic cell calibration.
- Work across multiple disciplines including production, robotic engineering, manufacturing engineering, and software engineering to solve issues and implement production ready processes.
- Help productionize a custom VTL (Vertical Turning Lathe) and custom machining solutions
- Assist authors with the release, and sustainment of SOPs related to machining and path planning.
- Assist in the creation of training documentation for the team as well as production technicians.
- Must be able to lift/push/drag 50 lbs
- Must be able to work from a scissor lift ~15 feet high
What you need to know:
- 1+ years' experience NC programming/Machining
- Experience with CNC machinery (lathe, mill, waterjet, laser cutter, EDM)
- Proficient command of GD&T principles, DfAM, and DfM
- Comfortable working with very large CNC machines
- Capable of performing first article and in-process inspections
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience with multi-axis robots
- Experience with dimensional inspection software (Verisurf, PC-DMIS, etc)
- Machining Additive Aluminum
- Proficiency in software programming via Python
- Basic experience in command line and git
- Proficiency with KRL
- Experience with MIG/TIG
- Experience with metal additive manufacturing
- Experience generating engineering drawings per ASME Y14.5
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace