Facilities Technician II
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Operations Support team is responsible for the general site support functions related to shipping and receiving, inventory control, material handling, production control, and facility maintenance. As a Facility Technician, you will be responsible for supporting the team with facility maintenance, general site upkeep, and support of day-to-day operations as required. To thrive in this position, we seek candidates who possess strong problem-solving skills, can navigate ambiguity with ease, and perform work at the highest quality with minimal direction.
What you’ll do:
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety
- Observe and receive training, instruction, and guidance on various building operations processes
- Adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, and undertakes relevant training and development activities
- Assist with installation and modification of building equipment systems
- Assist with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include: plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains, shop, and HVAC
- Perform upkeep and maintains the professional appearances of the property, equipment, engineering spaces, and common areas
- Successful completion of apprenticeship course work required
- Work to exacting tolerances, read and interpret blueprints and engineering sketches and manufacturer's manuals
- Lead and manage workload by processing, tracking and updating work orders
- Use appropriate tools and diagnostic equipment to repair, install, replace, and test site equipment
- Install and maintain motors, welding equipment, lighting fixtures, plumbing fixtures, pumps, generators, circuit breakers, and as appropriate to the position
- Install, operate, maintain, and repair electrically energized systems such as residential, commercial, and industrial electrical wiring; DC and AC motors and controls; and electrical distribution panels
What you need to know:
- High school diploma or equivalency certifications with at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Ability to read, understand and enforce safety procedures Environmental, Health and Safety practices and regulations, while being familiar with LOTO, NFPA 70E, Fall Protection and other applicable regulations
- Must be able to pass NASA personnel security investigation to determine eligibility for access to Federal facilities
- Proficient with basic carpentry, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, welding, plastic or sheet metal fabrication, and/or other associated work on plant facilities using hand and power tools
- Ability to operate heavy equipment (forklift, reach-lift, man-lift, etc.)
Nice to haves but not required:
- Certified Electrician (Apprentice, Journeyman, or Master)
- EPA 608 Universal Technician
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in man lifts at heights up to 200ft
- Must be able to lift 50lbs unassisted
- Flexible schedule and ability to work non-standard shifts, overtime, and weekends as required
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Periodic or frequent work in extreme outdoor environments: heat, cold, wind, rain
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace