A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
Our mission is to change people’s perception of the way rockets are built and flown. At the Cape launch site, the team is responsible for the execution of vehicle and payload operations, pad development and operations, as well as launch and recovery. As the Facility Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring all launch, integration, control center, and support facilities are operating effectively and are well maintained. Being a self-starter and strong team player will be key to this role’s success.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and lead a team of engineers and technicians responsible for facility operations at our Cape Canaveral launch site.
- Be responsible for maintaining facility systems, planning and developing upgrades, managing contractors, and ensuring compliance with requirements.
- Ensure team safety through proactive EH&S engagement, training, and PPE usage
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring for employees to ensure an effective, inclusive, and feedback-oriented organization
- Support infrastructure engineering teams in developing next generation launch and support facilities by executing site expansion planning, engineering oversight, and project management when required
- Ensure compliance with quality and operational regulatory programs pertinent to operating on the Eastern Range (FAA, Space Force, NASA, and Air Force facility requirements)
- Oversee and manage third party support such as construction contractors or janitorial services
- Develop and analyze metrics for tracking operational and budgetary performance
- Perform strategic trades and communicate recommendations to management and executive leadership
- Ensure compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and Company directives related to facility operations and work safety
- Observes and receives training, instruction, and guidance on various facility operations
- Adheres to existing working practices, methods, and procedures and undertakes relevant training and development activities
What you need to know:
- Advanced degree in facility management, engineering, construction, or relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in facilities management or similar position
- 3+ years of direct management experience
- Strong team mentality that fosters collaboration and employee growth
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to balance both field and administrative responsibilities
- Ability to adjust work hours based on operational demand
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment
- Light travel to other Relativity sites for collaboration
Nice to haves but not required:
- Prior aerospace industry experience
- Familiarity managing facilities on government property
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace