Facilities Technician I
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
Our mission is to change people’s perception of the way rockets are built and flown. At the Cape launch site, the team is responsible for the execution of vehicle and payload operations, pad development and operations, as well as launch and recovery. As a Facilities Technician, your role will support the team with site maintenance, site upgrades, support of day-to-day operations, and provide focused support of facility HVAC equipment. Being a self-starter and strong team player will be key to this role’s success.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining facility HVAC systems
- Support the installation of facility HVAC units either independently or with contractor support
- Assist with the installation and modification of facility systems
- Assist with the troubleshooting and repair of facility systems including plumbing, kitchen, office, shop, hangar, and pad spaces
- Perform housekeeping functions and maintenance of the professional appearance of the property equipment, facilities, and grounds
- Facilitate office access and office moves by providing moving crates, assembling furniture, office keys, nameplates, etc.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and Company directives related to facility operations and work safety
- Observes and receives training, instruction, and guidance on various facility operations
- Adheres to existing working practices, methods, procedures, and undertakes relevant training and development activities
- Performs other facility duties as assigned
What you need to know:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- EPA Type 2 or better Universal Certification preferred
- Prior maintenance or construction experience required (preferably in a large facility such as a hospital or hotel)
- Must be able to lift 25lbs
- Good communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to operate hand tools (drills, band saw, grinders, mag drill, etc.)
- Ability to operate heavy equipment (forklift, reach-lift, man-lift, etc.)
- Ability to trouble shoot and problem solve electrical, mechanical, and/or plumbing systems
Nice to haves but not required:
- Prior experience with large facility systems such as hotel, hospital, industrial facilities, etc.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace