Senior NDE Inspector, PAUT
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Additive Development team is responsible for development and maturing the core additive manufacturing technology used to produce Relativity’s orbital class launch vehicles. The NDE Team applies, improves, and performs all inspection methods to which certified, specific to Relativity’s Additive & Traditional Manufacturing Methods.
What you’ll do:
Your core responsibilities will be:
- Perform volumetric NDE inspections using established, novel and advanced Phased Array Ultrasonic (PAUT) & Total Focusing Method/Full Matrix Capture (TFM/FMC) techniques
- Evaluate acquired PAUT/TFM/FMC data for quality and accuracy
- Follow relevant NDE inspection plans, procedures, and techniques
- Support development of our inspection and NDE procedures with our colleagues in stake holding teams to ensure max efficiency and throughput
- Engage in proactive mentorship and provide training and oversight for less experienced inspectors
- Perform surface NDE inspections with visual and other methods
What you need to know:
- NDE Level II Certification in Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT)
- Proof of NDE Classroom Training and Certificates as well as previous certifications per NAS 410 or SNT-TC-1A (be prepared to provide these records prior to onsite interview)
- Knowledge of industry standards (NASA, AMS, AWS, ASME, ASTM, etc.)
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering work instructions and drawings
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted, stand for extended period
- Open to travel (10% - 40%)
Nice to haves but not required:
- Recent experience utilizing Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT) to inspect Friction Stir Welds in an aerospace production setting.
- Experience contributing to system qualification efforts for aerospace customers (i.e. Boeing, Nasa, DoD, Space Force, etc…)
- NDE Level II Certification in Radiography (RT/DR/CR/CT), dye penetrant (PT), visual inspection (VT,CWI), Eddy Current (ET, ECA)
- Documented classroom training in TFM/ FMC
- Experience inspecting various materials and geometries.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace