Senior Combustion Devices Engineer, Design
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
Our team designs, analyzes, and tests the combustion devices of the Aeon-R Engine. We collaborate closely with our manufacturing teams and our test teams to deliver high-performing components to the engine system. We strive for continuous improvement and support the development of our technical hardware and human teammates alike.
What you’ll do:
You will own propulsion components and/or systems from concept through manufacturing and implementation. This role involves a range of skillsets: design, analysis (structural, thermal, fluid), manufacturing, test, project management, and communication. You will work across teams and departments and take ownership of projects of your creation. In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and be capable of leading collaborative projects to completion with minimal oversight. You will have the opportunity to have a significant influence on major engine hardware and to make rapid professional gains in an environment that encourages growth and risk.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering field
- 5+ years relevant experience, preferably in a rocket engine development and/or test environment
- Strong engineering fundamentals in thermodynamics, thermal, structural, and fluids analysis
- A strong commitment to accountability, collaboration, and execution
- An authentic, introspective, and inclusive mindset towards technical, interpersonal, and team growth & development
Nice to haves but not required:
- Relevant experience in a rocket engine development and/or test environment
- Working knowledge of engine subsystems such as combustion devices, ducting
- Experience interfacing with manufacturing and production personnel to produce high-quality manufacturable hardware
- Experience working with powder bed additive manufacturing and automation techniques
- We believe varied perspectives & backgrounds strengthen our team. Prior experience in aerospace is not required.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace