A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
Relativity seeks a highly talented vibe technician to join a rapidly growing space start up. You will be one of the first vibe technician on the Avionics team, responsible for performing vibration testing, setting up test components and fixtures, and maintaining lab equipment. Lots of opportunity to help shape the area and develop world class infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform functional tests of component testing through all phases of Development, ATP and QTP processes.
- Evaluate non-conformances and determine next actions with proper teams.
- Ability to troubleshoot test rack and test software.
- Perform vibration testing including random, sine, sine on random and shock testing
- Setup and program vibration control systems
- Mount instrumentation on test components and fixtures
- Properly mount and torque mechanical fixtures
- Maintain vibe lab equipment like shakers, amplifiers, cooling units and blower systems
- Perform functional testing on Avionics, Propulsion and Structures components
- Develop and modify testing procedures
- Able to support testing out of house
What you need to know:
- Conduct additional environmental testing using thermal chambers, vacuum chambers and thermal vacuum chambers.
- Prior work experience in the aerospace industry, or highly reliable operating environments.
- Experience with vibration and shock testing.
- Can work collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to haves but not required:
As a vibe technician, you will be proactive, document and implement best practices, and partner with engineers to conduct robust tests. You can thrive in ambiguity, take extreme ownership and value high quality testing. You ideally have worked in a fast-paced aerospace environment. You have a “can do” attitude, are eager to learn, and communicate clearly and frequently.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace