We invented a new approach to design, build, and fly our own rockets, starting with Terran 1 – the world’s first entirely 3D printed rocket and Terran R our reusable next generation 3D printed rocket.
Using our vertically integrated technology platform, leveraging additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to deliver superiority over traditional aerospace manufacturing methods, we’re disrupting 60 years of aerospace with our novelty approach to get to space, Mars, and beyond faster, more cost-effective, and more reliable.
We believe in a future where interplanetary life fundamentally expands the possibilities for human experience. Our long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Supply Chain at Relativity Space is responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing the end-to-end supply chain networks required to manufacture, test, and launch the cutting edge next generation reusable launch vehicle - Terran R. Within the Supply Chain org, the Materials Management team is responsible for the physical and systematic movement of inventory, including all operations related to shipping, receiving, logistics, inventory control, material handling, and production control. As a part of the Materials Management team, you will ultimately be responsible for inventory accuracy and ensuring efficient and timely material movement. In this role, you will become a subject matter expert on the enterprise systems we use (ERP, MES, etc.) and you will interact with a number of cross-functional stakeholders and internal customers spanning various workcenters, including but not limited to: Avionics, propulsion, machine shop, tube shop, additive, and structures & integration. To thrive in this position, we seek candidates who possess strong problem-solving skills, can navigate ambiguity with ease, and exhibit a process-oriented mindset. We look forward to welcoming an exceptional candidate to our team.
What you’ll do:
- Unload, inspect, and stage inbound materials for receiving activities
- Safely operate forklift and electric cart for timely delivery of aerospace material to factory work centers
- Pick items from bulk storage to stage for shipment between sites
- Comply with applicable regulations when handling hazardous materials
- Maintain a clean work environment and comply with safety requirements
- Conduct inspection and routine maintenance on assigned material handling equipment
- Perform area housekeeping and organization activities to maintain a 5S compliant environment
- Contribute to our team effort by being good to work with and supporting the broader Logistics and Production Teams as needed
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and provide input on ways to improve accuracy and efficiency
What you need to know:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid CA Driver’s License
- 2+ years of experience in a Logistics or Warehousing role
- Experience with operating forklifts and other material handling tools
- Proficient communication skills across multiple platforms (email, Slack, etc.)
- Experience with interacting and providing customer service across multiple teams
- Strong computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently, but function as a team player
- Flexible schedule and ability to work non-standard shifts, overtime, and weekends as required
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time and lift 50 pounds
- Attention to EHS guidelines
Nice to haves but not required:
- 5+ years of experience in a Logistics or Warehousing role
- Experience in aerospace or automotive environments
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and to adapt in a dynamic environment
- Well-versed in hands-on process development and first-time manufacturing efforts
- Highly organized and able to provide structure and direction to the previously undefined
- Self-starter that has demonstrated the ability to define and own a process from scratch and roll out that process through adept communication to a diverse team
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace