Staff Avionics Hardware Engineer, Mixed Signals
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Avionics team is responsible for the full lifecycle of all electronics and supporting hardware central to operating Relativity's rockets. The team designs, builds, tests, integrates, and operates the hardware which controls the rocket in flight, downlinks critical telemetry, keeps the public safe, and deploys our customers' payloads to orbit! Our hardware enables Relativity to reliably control our rockets while maintaining the flexibility to rapidly iterate our designs. As a member of this team, you will design innovative hardware solutions capable of surviving harsh launch and space environments. Your designs will support multiple vehicle systems such as sensors, propulsion, computing, actuation, energy management, and communications.
What you'll do:
As an Avionics Hardware Engineer you will be responsible for developing innovative electronics designs for our rocket, Terran R. You will come up with solutions capable of surviving harsh environments with high reliability while controlling complex systems such as propulsion, fluids, mechanisms, etc. While the focus of the role is the design of new hardware, you will work with others across the department and company to see your designs through the full product lifecycle including requirements and architecture definition, schematic capture and board layout, bring-up and test, qualification, vehicle integration, and test and launch operations. Potential projects include the development of various hardware such as engine controllers, payload controllers, sensors, and more! This role is fast paced, highly collaborative, and requires the ability to both develop electronics solutions using cutting-edge technologies while also gaining an understanding of how rockets function as a complete system.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 7+ years of experience inmixed-signal circuit design such as amplifiers, filters, analog to digital and digital to analog converters, I2C, Ethernet, SPI, and processors
- Familiarity with eCAD software such as Altium or equivalent
- Experience with hardware bring-up, validation, debugging, and data analysis
- Experience with board-level design from concept to manufacturing
- Ability to communicate deeply technical topics to a wide variety of audiences
- Experience working with highly cross-functional teams (mechanical, thermal, electrical, software, etc.) to develop integrated electronics solutions
- Comfortable with working in a fast paced and autonomously driven startup atmosphere
Nice to haves but not required:
- Knowledge in power supply components, memory interfaces, FPGAs, ASICs
- Low-noise analog signal conditioning and sensor interface design
- Experience with simulation software such as LTspice, MATLAB, or other
- Experience with design of electronics for harsh environments (vibe, thermal, vacuum, radiation, etc.)
- Experience with design of electronics for mission-critical applications (aviation, automotive, robotics, spacecraft, medical)
- Experience with system architecture development for complex electronics systems
- Full life cycle development of new hardware systems
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace