Software Engineer - Frontend
San Francisco, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Friday, June 16, 2023
The next wave of ML applications (video security, conversational AI and autonomous vehicles) is going to look very different from the last one (search and recommender systems). Teams working in these domains have to deal with large streams of unstructured data (images, video, text and audio), exorbitant labeling costs, and broken feedback loops. For this next wave of ML applications, getting to production takes months and adapting to the long tail is an existential struggle. That’s what we’re solving - Refuel.ai accelerates time to production for ML applications built on top of unstructured data, and enables them to continually improve in the real world.
Refuel.ai was founded in 2021 by Rishabh Bhargava and Nihit Desai. Our founders bring machine learning and product experience from the world's leading technology companies (Facebook, Instagram, Primer.ai and Cloudera) and institutions (Stanford, Cambridge and UIUC). We are backed by General Catalyst, XYZ Ventures and a host of successful and influential angel investors from places like Stanford, OpenAI, Datadog and Facebook.
What you will do
- Work closely with our design and engineering teams to implement new features and own them across the product life cycle.
- Prototype and rapidly experiment with new product features and UI improvements in response to customer feedback.
- Help define and evolve our engineering stack as we scale the product.
- Help us hire a world-class team and mentor new team members.
You will be a great fit if you have
- The ability and passion to lead product-defining initiatives from ideation to execution while maintaining a high bar for design and correctness.
- Strong communication skills and enjoy working in a collaborative environment. We encourage open discussion and want the best ideas to win.
- A curiosity about the company building journey
- Bonus: prior experience with building interactive frontend interfaces for data-intensive software applications
Our current tech stack
- Infrastructure - AWS + Serverless + Kubernetes + secret sauce infra to power modern ML
- Backend - Python + FastAPI + Postgres + DynamoDB
- Frontend - React + Typescript
What we offer
We have raised funding from top-tier investors, including General Catalyst, XYZ Ventures and a host of successful angel investors from places such as Stanford, OpenAI, Facebook and Datadog. We will offer a competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company.
Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to create a massive impact on the product and company as a member of our early team. We care a lot about making a difference for our customers while working on a team where we are empowered to do the best work of our lives.